Another moron with a rejet question

Hello Everyone, 

Just bought the 2019 CRF230F and did a whole lotta research on rejetting but found some helpful post but had more of a curiosity question. I am terrified of changing the needle out in all seriousness, I have read through some post and seen a couple videos but I am worried of breaking something or messing something up. 

So I figured the only thing I'll swap is the Main and the Slow jet that with the combination of the snorkle removed and the exhaust baffle that should be more than enough or is the needle jet required when rejetting? 

Below are the parts I bought 

NEEDLE SET, JET - 16012-KPS-901

JET, SLOW (#45) -  99103-KPS-0450

JET, MAIN (#120) -  99113-GHB-1200

Do the needle as well or you won't reap the full benefits of uncorking. 

The fuel screw will be locked in place with a plug.  Here's a vid that will show you how to remove the plug to gain access to it.  You can keep the fuel screw that is in your carb. but will need a special "D" shaped bit or tool.  Some guys will take a spent .22 brass (.22 mag might work better) and shape it to fit the "D" shape on the end.  You can purchase one of the older slotted fuel screws ('03 - '05 had the slotted style, you can look up the p/n) and there is a tool-less option which is the Kouba fuel screw.  It extends below the carb. some and has a "T" so you can use your fingers to adjust it.  Lot's of info. in the sticky and the google doc links above and get a manual as mentioned above.  Have a clean area and plan to spend a few hours doing this the 1st time.  Also a set of JIS screwdrivers will better fit the screws in the carb. than standard Phillips.

Also, some bikes like a 48 slow jet, so I'd get one of those as well. 

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the videos and links for support those are pretty much all the ones I have been looking at, after posting this question I went to the garage and swapped the main jet, slow jet, removed the exhaust baffle and air box snorkel.

Its definitely heaps louder, I was planning on buying an aftermarket exhaust but its loud enough in my opinion. Not sure if its the placebo effect but the bike started up a whole lot easier than it normally does. I was only able to take the bike up and down the road since I don't have any land but I plan on taking it tomorrow. 

I plan on holding off on doing the fuel screw and the needle for now, I think down the down the road I might pay a local shop to do it for me because I just know that I don't have the skill set to do it. 

Thanks again for all the help everyone I really appreciate it 

• Like 1