A New Orion RXB 250

I had posted on dingerjunkie blog about reason for buying a Orion dirt bike, anyway It showed up yesterday, the graphics were the ones on the website but all videos and pics of the bikes had a different dark gray blue and I liked those graphics! oh well I toned them down a little by taking off the fork guard and number plate graphics that helped Im warming up a little too the colors (looks like Miami vice tagged my bike) all can be changed easy anyway few things off the batt,

1, the stock slip muffler is heavy, In photos the rear sprocket look aluminum there steel ( I do think this is were Orion can get the price low on these) Im not complaining just things I know I can make better, Now this one HURT! the rim or hoops......steel I really thought they were aluminum so when I hear people put these on a scale fine out there no where near the 250lbs or something more like 260-270 Im not looking to build a race bike but being heavy will affect the way it handles, anyway here is a few pics I had plastics off doing the exhaust, anyway much more to come for as little as I have into this Im going to have fun do some mods might even drop a 4 valve engine in it there not much stay tuned!   

image1 (3).jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

• Like 2

2. The bike has a good frame its a knock off KTM for sure but the welds look good as well the powder coat looks good, the suspension seems to be on par and seems to be sprung good for my size 6,2 220lbs one thing I noticed and I wonder if Orion made changes based on feedback? the carb seems spot on not lean Im at sea level so Im thinking there a bit fatter on fuel? I might have that mixed up, the other thing is Everyone said the clickers had to be set to full soft mine was pre set to soft I know thats small but maybe IDK, anyway I love it so far really its been more fun for me to get this than If I spent 7-10K on a new Jap bike because I can mess with it not worry about it .....and did not spend 7-10K

The 32mm carb, 

Im moving up on size on the carb 32mm I ordered it on ebay $38 bucks thought I did good with the slip on what the hell two weeks went by and the carb showed up now I had every brand of Jap dirt bike I know of and had all the big carb makers taken all apart at one time, maybe Im having a streak of luck wow, nicest motorcycle carb I ever seen every part is precision and polished even the inside of the bowl not a casting flack or a sharp edge anywhere the slide fits tight (no play) yet moves like butter that is one other thing I think they changed the carb manifold, not sure but pics I seen looked to be cast one I got is rubber clap on Just what I need for the 32mm!!! thats next after first ride and jet kit gets here 

image1 (5).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image3.jpeg

Other RXB thoughts 

Ok did the old magnet test to see whats alum whats steel on like wheels, foot pegs,(Both steel) and as I said on the other page the wheels are powder coated steel wheels and that sucks to get a set of Exels cost a bit to have laced up im having a hard time with this because thats un-sprung weight the worst kind of heft ya want I know Im just trail riding but once more that will effect the way it rides, handles, how flickable light on its feet feel, others have said the bike felt light to ride to me it feels heavy I have not pushed it yet but just corning the bike I can feel it

Nope I guess not lol yes I was just screwing around  running the parts  retriever magnet  like the handlebars and just various things the bars are Aluminum hubs are as well but the hoops or rims magnet stuck to them as did the foot pegs that looked aluminum  and by no means am I knocking the bike it makes sense now that’s why the bikes heavy most of these things can easily be changed like the sprocket and wheels if you choose to it’s a great bike and that’s the only reason why the bike can be sold at the price it’s been sold for because if you look at other xmotos models  they come with aluminum wheels swingarms frames, but then again they cost to three times the amount to it just costs more to use that stuff, But for the price you still get a killer frame and suspension ergonomics fit finish is exceptional and the power is actually really good I was surprised

I am asking how strong is the magnetic attraction to the rim?

The reason I’m asking is because if it’s a steel rim the magnet should “click” on strongly, but if it’s an aluminum rim a strong magnet will still stick but it will be a much weaker attraction as it’s actually attracted to the steel bead in the tire.

Here’s a photo of some real earth magnets stuck directly to a new un-mounted tire.

IMG_3925.thumb.jpg.3e3979e6db116498a32fa0a11278856d.jpg

And the same magnets stuck to an aluminum excel rim:

IMG_3923.jpg.52bc15aa08903a8a3cd49ab546eb59a1.jpg

• Like 1

Electric start or not?

i been torn on this, I’m old school dirt bike thought process you kick start it but being 50 now as others said having e start is nice, however my e start never worked  I didn’t say anything about it because it is just a plug but it’s almost under the gas tank and you can’t get to it without taking half the bike apart but it hasn’t bothered me I started by kick starting the bike I have no problems with that it’s not hard it’s no where near as bad as my old yz 450f I been talking about weight..... batteries are not light  just thinking hmm bet I could mill a plug take place of the starter just thinking.....

I have as SSR SR189 which from the looks of everything is basically the same bike but with smaller wheel, and a smaller displacement engine.

I actually like the e-start on the bike as the placement of the kickstart lever seems to be an after thought. He lever strikes the right foot peg on the bottom of the stroke when kicking over the engine. I can’t image that is good for the kick start lever or the peg.

The e-start does add a few pounds, but the added weight mainly the starter motor as the battery is lithium ion and weighs next to nothing. Heck, I would say the battery weight about the same as the starter relay/solenoid.

You mentioned that you e-start does not work. What happens when you hit the start button?

I am asking how strong is the magnetic attraction to the rim?

The reason I’m asking is because if it’s a steel rim the magnet should “click” on strongly, but if it’s an aluminum rim a strong magnet will still stick but it will be a much weaker attraction as it’s actually attracted to the steel bead in the tire.

Here’s a photo of some real earth magnets stuck directly to a new un-mounted tire.
IMG_3925.thumb.jpg.3e3979e6db116498a32fa0a11278856d.jpg

And the same magnets stuck to an aluminum excel rim:
IMG_3923.jpg.52bc15aa08903a8a3cd49ab546eb59a1.jpg

Yea there steel ugh, that sucks and Orion should change there website that is very misleading

Wonder if a set of SSR SR250 wheels will fit the Orion? Might be cheaper, easier, and faster.

Maybe, but there getting changed from what I can see the hardware looks like Honda axels hubs I think but yea all other x39 platform bikes do have aluminum rims
Once more it makes sense at $1799 shipped Orion orders these stripped down Version but The suspension in the frame I believe are the same

Maybe, but there getting changed from what I can see the hardware looks like Honda axels hubs I think but yea all other x39 platform bikes do have aluminum rims
Once more it makes sense at $1799 shipped Orion orders these stripped down Version but The suspension in the frame I believe are the same

Those are Li-on batteries?? I have not taken it out yet and only reason e starts not working I can see it just can’t get to it without taking half of the thing apart and again I have no problems kickstarting at all it’s much easier than my 450 ever was on its best day however if the battery is super light I’ll leave the start and hook it up I’m just being lazy I want to go ride it before I take it apart because I plan to take the tank off anyway

The battery on the SSR is lithium ion and is located under the seat at the rear. One takes removing one bolt to access it.

With the SSR, you need to hold the clutch lever in to use the electric starter. On mine there is actually a little switch on the clutch perch that senses when the lever is pulled in. If the switch is not adjusted correctly or switch is stuck the e-start will not work. I figured that out as my e-start would not work when I got the bike.

On mine its the plug coming from the start button is up plugged from the harness no biggie just a pain in the ass to get to its tight! I do have past inside Chinese powersports 10 years ago when I lived in Arizona me and a buddy use to hook up a 30'' flat bed to his dodge diesel drive down to City of Industry near Long beach Ca, (where a lot of the cheap chinese motorcycles port) in Long beach so there are a lot of huge whorehouses (these are the real distribution of most) we would load up before Christmas sell them in days back home sell them in days, we learned a lot getting to know people and how it really works, now people like SSR, Orion, GPX go direct on there headliner bikes, One thing we learned was most kids ATV and pit bikes, mopeds and others are shelf bikes all built with the same parts, what we were told by them back 10 years was that high quality can be ordered but people in the US will not pay for it in anything thats made in China, I can see thats changing and the chinese bikes are coming on we seen them very thing happen with Hyundai, fist cars were cheap not much to talk about now today? BMW and Mercedes and rest of the car market are fighting for there lives thats coming from our Mercedes dealer! Hyundai was underestimated they have taken a chunk out off all of them, Xmotos and others keep bringing in good bikes at prices that get people back on a dirt bikes that could be a game changer I have seen people asking for a Chinese only MX class, I love that idea and without a doubt dirt bike world would get a jump start guy with a truck, bike, balls has a shot, Not who flew in there rider to jump on his one off works bike, that shit is out of touch for most,, don't believe me? Look at drag racing NHRA is out of hand to be in any REAL show you have a full team 18 wheeler 3 back up motors and a budget you dont fund, out of touch for guys like me, however look at Ducks outlaw races or even No Prep lit a fire in the drag race world people are building new race cars now because a guy with a car, bottle of nitrous, balls has a shot he can get in the show, I could only hope Dirt bike world would open there eyes to a new innovative opportunity

• Like 1