New guy here. been following along this thread. Thinking about getting the dual sport version later on. maybe on the next order they will go a different route than all "Craigslist Black".
 Ive been researching a little and the manufacturer is Kaxamotos. they show an aluminum swingarm as an option. maybe you could have Orion order one if It's not big $$. Wouldn't have to worry about fitment that way. Glad you guys are doing the trial and error parts research. keep up the good work..
  On the Kaxa website it says front forks are KKE and rear shock is "ZL(same as supplied by Zongshen motorcycle)" ??

And hey welcome to our awesome thread !!! best people are on this thread I’m telling you everybody on here is just awesome and super helpful

Hey Guys,

Are the motor mounts welded or can they be replaced with custom aluminum units? I am also wondering if anyone makes stainless steel valves and heavy duty valve springs. I think there may be some gains to be had if this is a direct clone of the Honda crf230 engine. I saw a video today of a guy in Brazil who can build a 35 hp crf230 engine. That's just crazy and may be just to unreliable long term.

Hey Guys,
 Are the motor mounts welded or can they be replaced with custom aluminum units? I am also wondering if anyone makes stainless steel valves and heavy duty valve springs. I think there may be some gains to be had if this is a direct clone of the Honda crf230 engine. I saw a video today of a guy in Brazil who can build a 35 hp crf230 engine. That's just crazy and may be just to unreliable long term.

They are bolted
  • Helpful 1

Hey Guys,

Anything’s possible it’s a reciprocating combustion engine the same laws apply to every engine as I’ve always said you can make 4 to 5 times the horsepower of a small block Chevy then you could definitely make these little motors
  • Like 1

They are bolted IMG_0013.thumb.JPG.215f7d174399f6c6292ab6d9ae1ebe50.JPG

But CRF 230 motor mounts will not work The frame is entirely different I would bet The mounting points on the engine probably are not the same either

3 hours ago, dfast said:

I’m saving all the old hardware just to compare and it’s starting to fill up a bag full and that stuffs pretty heavy I don’t think the ti bolts are gonna make a big difference but they look cool!! Lol

Total waste of money! Paint would also achieve the "cool" look you need and would help maintain credibility. Maybe. Come on man!

Total waste of money! Paint would also achieve the "cool" look you need and would help maintain credibility. Maybe. Come on man!

Hey man you’re not being helpful you’re just being a pain in the ass so please I’m gonna ask you nicely to go away if I need to go to ThumperTalk take this up with them I will, i’m asking you nicely just go away we don’t need your Starkey remarks you don’t own one of these bikes

Talked to Orion today. New shipment should be here around October. Apparently a bunch of people didn't love the orange frame so they are testing the black frame and seeing if it sells well. Then they will go off that for the next round. Looks like they are listening to the people :)

Talked to Orion today. New shipment should be here around October. Apparently a bunch of people didn't love the orange frame so they are testing the black frame and seeing if it sells well. Then they will go off that for the next round. Looks like they are listening to the people

Well that’s good at least they’re listening to their customers that does make me feel a little better I guess I think they’ll have a hard time with everything being black it’s just to me it kind of looks like an Apollo but that’s just my opinion I like the orange frame the silver motor and silver swingarm gold-ish forks Little contrast