XRS Only Head Pipe

Waiting for my XRS Only slip-on. Should be here Wednesday. Going to run OEM head pipe for a bit till I have cash for their head pipe. Who’s running one of their slip on and head pipe? Are you happy or regret it? I’m just starting mods on my 2017 XR650L

remember the XRL is a bit lean from the factory to meet EPA guidelines

The more you flow exhaust .................(increase exhaust flow)

the leaner it will be.................... get a jet kit to equal the balance.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Viking5150 said:

Waiting for my XRS Only slip-on. Should be here Wednesday. Going to run OEM head pipe for a bit till I have cash for their head pipe. Who’s running one of their slip on and head pipe? Are you happy or regret it? I’m just starting mods on my 2017 XR650L

Wednesday hahaha,  probably Wednesday next year knowing those useless bastards! 

remember the XRL is a bit lean from the factory to meet EPA guidelines
The more you flow exhaust .................(increase exhaust flow)
the leaner it will be.................... get a jet kit to equal the balance.

They actually send a jet with the slip on. Thanks for the reply
  • Like 1

Wednesday hahaha,  probably Wednesday next year knowing those useless bastards! 

I got a tracking number already. Hope it’s Wednesday. Have had bad luck with them in the past I see. Heard a lot of good things and just a few bad.

Over the last few year I have bought a lot of stuff and had a engine built from them. No complaints from me..

• Like 1

Over the last few year I have bought a lot of stuff and had a engine built from them. No complaints from me..

Thank you for the input

I have the full system on my xr650r and love it. My bike is totally different than the L , but you should notice gains through out the rpm range with carb jetted property.
  • Like 1

I have the full system on my xr650r and love it. My bike is totally different than the L , but you should notice gains through out the rpm range with carb jetted property.

Thanks for the feedback

Sucks you never got a true answer to your question, I would love to know the answer. I am running hi comp piston 667cc JE setup and the flow on the bigger pipe could be only a pipe dream or ???????? They are not cheap. 

Save your cash, buy an XL header off eBay, paint it and be done. They work just as well for performance as the xrs only header

• Like 1

Save your cash, buy an XL header off eBay, paint it and be done. They work just as well for performance as the xrs only header

Thank you

On 8/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, Arrowtree551 said:

So I think your referring to the 600 xl pipe, is the tubes slightly bigger, any size numbers, are all the 600 XL pipes bigger then the 644cc XRL? 

I have the full system.  Packing needs to be replaced. Its loud. But that what I prefer for riding in the woods. The header and muffler have been shown on a dyno to make great gains in the bottom end and midrange when jetted properly.

• Like 1

I have the full system.  Packing needs to be replaced. Its loud. But that what I prefer for riding in the woods. The header and muffler have been shown on a dyno to make great gains in the bottom end and midrange when jetted properly.

What did you end up with on the jetting? I have the full system as well.

What did you end up with on the jetting? I have the full system as well.

I haven’t done the head pipe yet. I used the jet that they matched with the muffler. Happy with results.