KTMRider4Life

motocross It's the Bike - 2019 450 Edition

So here we are, 3 weeks to go, Yamaha has a full factory effort and its looking like there will not be a single podium in AMA SX/MX 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

So here we are, 3 weeks to go, Yamaha has a full factory effort and its looking like there will not be a single podium in AMA SX/MX 

Barcia won Rd1 of SX fyi.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Barcia won Rd1 of SX fyi.

Well shit...  forgot about that lol.   The first round doesn't count,  that was luck! Its the bike! 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Well shit...  forgot about that lol.   The first round doesn't count,  that was luck! Its the bike! 

No such thing as "luck" lol. 

• Haha 1

It's a shame. I thought JB would be a beast this year and he was pretty non-existent aside from that win. Even outdoors he has been subpar. Sux. I still love to watch him ride though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ah665 said:

It's a shame. I thought JB would be a beast this year and he was pretty non-existent aside from that win. Even outdoors he has been subpar. Sux. I still love to watch him ride though.

AP is struggling too.

• Like 1

Just now, MANIAC998 said:

AP is struggling too.

Ya. He's been banged up so I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. That big get-off in SX didn't really give him much time to feel out the class. But he was not very impressive, up until that point. I honestly expected better. But not everyone transitions to the big class the same way. Maybe next year...or maybe when he switches bike brands, who knows lol (joking, kinda)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Man....I don't know why, but I really don't remember that.  Not even a little.  

Had to be a mud race.

• Haha 1

Also, for anyone interested, last night I watched Michael Lindsays youtube review of the 2020 YZ450F. He basically said it is a great bike and it really really good for most of his riding. But when he starts to hit the ceiling of what his speed/skill is, it isn't a bike that he feels comfortable on. So again, isn't that the consensus as to why it is a great average joe shootout bike, but the very best racers seem to struggle on it? I dunno, maybe not. And I was hoping to hear that the new chassis got rid of that but at the same time, like I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think a mid-gen change is going to get rid of that on the 450. It's is going to take some reworking and probably a new platform to make that happen. It's just not quite there yet with the weight, ergos and layout. 

• Like 2

Tomac should go to Yamaha and in his press conference about it state he's doing it "because he needs a real challenge in MX".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

No such thing as "luck" lol. 

Oh yeah?!?! Go back and read the comments about Webbs outdoor win, those same guys saying it was luck in that thread will be in here in 3,2,1 touting that A1 win by Barcia.... You watch! 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Oh yeah?!?! Go back and read the comments about Webbs outdoor win, those same guys saying it was luck in that thread will be in here in 3,2,1 touting that A1 win by Barcia.... You watch! 

There are jabronis in here saying the whole title was luck lol. Ridiculous. But I don't think Barcia's win was luck either. More just taking advantage of the conditions. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, The Creature said:

Dunge won prolly half a dozen titles by luck

I almost pointed this out,  that was a funny thing when people would try to make that case.  

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

In your tiny world.

Hey George I’m willing to offer you and @777654321 a three day course teaching how to copy and paste links, might take 4

• Haha 6

Not really int in visiting Zimbabwe. Kinda hot here in TX now, Crested Butte, CO sounds nice.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Creature said:

Hey George I’m willing to offer you and @777654321 a three day course teaching how to copy and paste links, might take 4

I'm on a phone. I'd love a 3 day. We could make it 4. 2 days in 2 days out😄

Hard to do anything when both your riders have been hurt 95% of the year 

• Like 3