KTMRider4Life

motocross It's the Bike - 2019 450 Edition

35 minutes ago, Z O SICK said:

I agree.  I'm 5' 9' so I tend to like Honda's and KTM's.  They just fit me better.  I know exactly what you mean. 

I've always liked Hondas too. I've had several over the years and always felt comfortable on them. Seems like they have become more compact. The 06-08 models (which were the last ones I owned) seemed bigger than they are now. I would still consider a new honda if I ever buy another mx bike. I rode a friends 17 when it was still new and it felt good, but definitely smaller

One reason I went with Yamaha last bike was because it fits taller riders. I'm almost 6"1 and 200 lbs. So the idea of a bigger bike appealed to me.
So it works both ways.
If it's too big for 50% of the population, that's means it's a good fit for the other 50%. 

I can agree with this ,but you can't make a big bike small , you can help a small bike fit a bigger rider ,but I agree it fits tall big riders and it works well for them , they worked hard in 2020 to make it smaller I read
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mog said:
1 hour ago, jcross312 said:
One reason I went with Yamaha last bike was because it fits taller riders. I'm almost 6"1 and 200 lbs. So the idea of a bigger bike appealed to me.
So it works both ways.
If it's too big for 50% of the population, that's means it's a good fit for the other 50%. 

I can agree with this ,but you can't make a big bike small , you can help a small bike fit a bigger rider ,but I agree it fits tall big riders and it works well for them , they worked hard in 2020 to make it smaller I read

For all the things I like about the 2016 that I have, (great suspension, great engine, tank like reliability) it just never turned as good as I wanted it to, and did feel heavy (it is heavy!) Still a very good bike, but it did leave me wanting a bike that could carve corners and be more flickable in the air. So I may go back to a smaller bike if i ever get back into riding. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mog said:

can agree with this ,but you can't make a big bike small , you can help a small bike fit a bigger rider ,but I agree it fits tall big riders and it works well for them , they worked hard in 2020 to make it smaller I read

Are KTM 450s an "engine out" job to replace the piston / rings?

Yes and the 250, but you can do a much better job if the engine is out ,takes about 45 minutes once you know what your doing ( to get engine out) my Dyno guy timed himself ( just to see how fast he can do it ) he has done hundreds ,he managed it in just over 15 minutes

• Like 1

I love my simple, carbed 2stk more and more and more and more and more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 2

That's insane!  You need a rear tilted cylinder so you don't have to go through those monkey motions.

Lol
  • Like 1