I found an old ASV clutch lever in my dad's old motocross gear. I assume it is for a 05-10 KX250F. It was still in the box and looked brand new. I have a 15 YZ250FX and was wondering if the lever could fit on my bike. The ASV clutch lever has a hot start lever on it, my bike does not. If I can't fit the lever on my bike it will give it to one of my friends. One has an 07 YZ250f and the other has a 12 KX250f. If I can fit the lever on my bike could i do anything with the hot start lever or will it just have to hang there?

0806192239_HDR.jpg

Posted (edited)

I've used a ASV Honda perch and lever on my RM's and KX's. Don't think it would have worked on a Yamaha though.

If you're looking for a really good perch and lever. Try the Pro-Taper pro perch and lever. Hot start is optional https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Pro-Taper-Profile-Pro-Clutch-Perch-Assembly/PT02-4090

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackEagle077 said:

I found an old ASV clutch lever in my dad's old motocross gear. I assume it is for a 05-10 KX250F. It was still in the box and looked brand new. I have a 15 YZ250FX and was wondering if the lever could fit on my bike. The ASV clutch lever has a hot start lever on it, my bike does not. If I can't fit the lever on my bike it will give it to one of my friends. One has an 07 YZ250f and the other has a 12 KX250f. If I can fit the lever on my bike could i do anything with the hot start lever or will it just have to hang there?

0806192239_HDR.jpg

I have that lever on my yz, super smooth. If you can make it work you'll be happy! There pretty expensive so I would check with Dad especially before giving away.

Oh and asv is an excellent company. I had a bearing in lever go bad so I called them to figure out which one I needed and they just mailed me one to try 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

Oh and asv is an excellent company.

I'm glad you've had good luck with them.

Bob sent me a seven paragraph excuse about three years ago, rather than a 'I m sorry, how can I make it right?'

I'll have to check out the Pro Taper levers. I sure love their bars. :thumbsup:

I have pro taper levers on my Honda and a Works Connection on my Suzuki,most aftermarket levers have a Honda ratio which works great on a Honda,ok on a Yamaha and Kawasaki and not so well on a Suzuki. The Pro Taper is a Honda ratio as is the Renthal and ASV,ARC and Works connection offer the proper ratios for each bike,then it comes down to blade feel and material,I like ARC levers but dont get along with the Memlon lever but they are a great company to work with to get the right lever,the new insert levers they have are awesome.

14 minutes ago, troy1160 said:

I have pro taper levers on my Honda and a Works Connection on my Suzuki,most aftermarket levers have a Honda ratio which works great on a Honda,ok on a Yamaha and Kawasaki and not so well on a Suzuki. The Pro Taper is a Honda ratio as is the Renthal and ASV,ARC and Works connection offer the proper ratios for each bike,then it comes down to blade feel and material,I like ARC levers but dont get along with the Memlon lever but they are a great company to work with to get the right lever,the new insert levers they have are awesome.

I don't doubt what you say. But, I used the Pro-Taper profile pro on my Suzuki's, and it was fantastic.

I used work connection on my Kawi's, and that was very nice as well.