3 minutes ago, Sweet Dick Willie said:

image.png.93bd3cc96200f54536b1e76f58e31332.png

Hey SWEET DICK (wait, that came out wrong!?!! oops, so did that)  any way what kind of E-BIKE is that? I know they are coming (at least until one starts their first forest fire)  and I am trying to embrace them. So can you enlighten me as to: MFG, SPECS, ETC? Thanks            P.S. Someone is going to ask so I might as well get it out of the way in true Larry the cable guy fashion! "WHATS THAT THING RUN ON"!?!?

• Like 1

Saw something similar cruising around Troy Meadows CG last time I was up there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 00boob said:

Hey SWEET DICK (wait, that came out wrong!?!! oops, so did that)  any way what kind of E-BIKE is that? I know they are coming (at least until one starts their first forest fire)  and I am trying to embrace them. So can you enlighten me as to: MFG, SPECS, ETC? Thanks            P.S. Someone is going to ask so I might as well get it out of the way in true Larry the cable guy fashion! "WHATS THAT THING RUN ON"!?!?

Names on the photo.....

https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-x-bike-limited-black-edition/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 00boob said:

Thanks didn't see that (must be getting blind in my old age)?

I didnt at first either...  I actually Googled the image.  Shits getting smarter than us.   

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Names on the photo.....

What a Beauty! I may have to sell my KONA for the down payment!?!?

It's a Sur-Ron and Luna is the main US importer. You can also buy them direct on Alibaba but it seems Luna is close enough to the OEM price that it's probably worth the stateside support.

Seems like people on YouTube have made it a beginner trials bike or freeride alternative.

• Like 1

Would it work as a backyard trials bike? Or be good to get beginners on out at an OHV?

I talked to a Sur Ron dealer here in Folsom.  He's a dirt bike rider to.  He likes them but fair warns they are under powered.  Battery technology is not there yet.   That said I would want to test drive one.   That fact that the Federal Govt is promoting allowing E bikes on Bike-only trails helps, but I think the fine print will be if it pedal powered and motor boosted.  That Ron Sur bike has no pedals.

Still any motor bike or bike enthusiast has to like this sector of ride sports. its like snow boards, invent a new tool and the sport will evolve around it  . who knew half pipe snow boarding would be in the Olympics one day

Edited by World Famous bigbob

12 minutes ago, Poodlelover151 said:

I bought a Sur Ron a month ago.
Fun!

where do you ride it? Impressions?  glad you bought it?  are you a MTBer too?

where do you ride it? Impressions?  glad you bought it?  are you a MTBer too?

So I bought it for my 11 yo son to ride around the place. He absolutely loves it!!! Hasn’t been able to run the battery totally down yet but he only rides for an hour or so at a time.

For me, at 6’4” and 215, it’s a little small but still great fun to ride. Suspension is so so and the power is pretty good.....for what it is. I didn’t expect an Alta but did expect it to be better than an electric MTB, which it certainly is!

Quality is suprisingly good, but u need to manage your expectations. No way could it replace my bikes but it is a great addition and really fun to ride.

I rode it quite a bit last Saturday doing simple trials stuff and it worked very well. Throttle is a little difficult to modulate but not too bad.

This bike would be perfect for someone that lives in an area that they’d like to explore but wouldn’t accommodate the noise of a gasser.

Edit to add: I ride it in my shorts and a t shirt. MTB helmet

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I am starting to understand how NorCal land locked people get into hiking and road or MTB biking growing up.  People at work here in Sacramento are into road bikes.  Expensive bikes and doing miles of it.   No way dude would I go for that.  I always understood skiing, but biking and hiking, why bother?.    I grew up at the Beach, rare breeds. we surfed and played volley ball, and maybe jogged at the beach too. It was all about the ocean and sand. Sure we have strand cruiser bikes, but to go for a road bike ride on LA crowed streets? or a hike in some burned out LA hillside trail system on purpose? no body did that. We surfed.   It's different being land locked, that I can see people become road surfers and mountain backpackers instead.   Whew glad I grew up at the beach

now that I have retired from surfing, I found dirt biking, woods surfing,. and slowly thinking about E power MTBing but it's only a thought.  will never buy those things.  and  I will never waste my time hiking around somewhere.  But I get it If I grown up here. You gotta do sometime outdoors with what you got 

I would never be a game hunter though. What is the point of having a  high power rifle and killing beautiful animals.   Not me. 

Edited by World Famous bigbob
  • Like 1

Do you need a motorcycle endorsement for these things?

Yes and no.

These aren't street legal as is. You can put pedals and signals/light on it and then it can be a moped and have an m2 endorsement.

Or if you cap the speed it can be an ebike, 28mph max I think and of course pedals. Though if you have a speedo on it and don't go crazy in front of cops they'll probably just think you are an ebike and not bother you.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, World Famous bigbob said:

I would never be a game hunter though. What is the point of having a  high power rifle and killing beautiful animals.   Not me.

Some people are hungry for the true organic meat. If you use a low power rifle they tend to suffer!

Not me, I gave up hunting yrs ago, I personally hope the animals take over and start eating the people. ?