Which Dual-Sport Should I Buy?

2 hours ago, ximzinc said:

We can plate any bike in my state with the right requirements - I'm just not looking to have to change oil after every ride and what-not. 

Then the 5 valve WR450F W/EFI bike that was introduced in 2013 I believe, is a great bike. The 2015 I believe went to a 4 valve and still a great bike. Everything you could ask for, and still a Yamaha low maintenance, low cost vehicle. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gatorade88 said:

I forgot about the XR650L series which is in fact, probably the second best dual sport bike. Another good bike I forgot to mention was Kawasaki's KLX series which is good for dual sporting as well. 

The guy I ride with is a FAST rider, but doesn't like to buy high dollar bars. He bought a used XR650L with low miles, got it jetting right and it's amazing how fast he was off-road. I could out drag him on my 690 Enduro R, but in tighter sections, he was right on the bumper.  A good 650L is 4-5k, as in really nice, low miles and not beat. 

• Like 1

I have owned a DRZ 400 and a EXC 500.  The DRZ is gone, I still have the 500, 800 hours, 19,000 miles with nothing more then valve adjustments and oil changes.  I will buy another one if my 2012 ever dies.

Buy far the best dirt, dual sport on the market.

17 minutes ago, JefeRotacion said:
3 hours ago, ximzinc said:

If I was to up my budget to $6k or so, any further recommendations? Just want to get something that'll last me a long time without having to go through tons of maintenance. 

Used 690/701

Not many 690's within a few hundred miles from me - found one that's a bit above my budget but will contact the guy and see if I can get her.

Thanks for all of the help everyone - going to try getting a 690 or 500 EXC as of now, but if I can't find anything, I'll likely get a DRZ400!

5 hours ago, Jef9876 said:

I have owned a DRZ 400 and a EXC 500.  The DRZ is gone, I still have the 500, 800 hours, 19,000 miles with nothing more then valve adjustments and oil changes.  I will buy another one if my 2012 ever dies.

Buy far the best dirt, dual sport on the market.

I know where there's a 2018 for sale. 500EXC-F.

1300+/- miles.

But he wants $9200ish