pneim5643

Drz seat options

Looking into getting a seat concepts seat but not sure between the standard seat, or the comfort XL model.. does anyone have any opinions between the two? I'm curious how much bigger the comfort XL is compared to the standard. Thanks!

10 hours ago, pneim5643 said:

Looking into getting a seat concepts seat but not sure between the standard seat, or the comfort XL model.. does anyone have any opinions between the two? I'm curious how much bigger the comfort XL is compared to the standard. Thanks!

Per the website it is 2.25" wider than standard Seat Concepts model. I got mine for the KLX a year ago and they did not have the XL option. I got the comfort low as I am short. Best $200 I spent on the bike.

I was really concerned as I ride this street legal bike like a dirt bike off drop offs or steep downhills with my arrrss over the rear fender. the seat in the pocket is a standard width, towards the back it is wide and flat. I rode all kinds of terrain and did not feel the extra width. I will say when you are standing and sit at first it seems a little weird like something is off. But literally after an hour I was used to it. With the stock seat my arrrss was tired after an hour so lots of standing, it took a 4 hour ride to feel that way with the Seat Concepts seat. I also got 0.5 softer foam per one of the reps. I would really suggest calling and talking to a rep, they are super friendly and want to make you happy. Mine gave good suggestions. I don't think I would go wider, but have not tried one so who knows. Love my seat, also made a review. 

I got a SC seat with the standard foam a few years ago for my DRZ, although it's better than the stock seat, I'm still waiting for it to break in... wished I had gotten the softer version