OUTERLIMITS

motocross Roger Decoster's entire collection of works bikes and momorabilia purchased

21 hours ago, Zinergy said:

Seems like he's getting ready for retirement.

Looks more like he's moving. Yeah its cool but its crap that sits on his shelves and anyone who has moved knows clearing house is one of the best ways to start.

• Like 2

I didn’t realize this collection was headed to Chicago, only a few hours from me, so I’ll definitely be checking it out. This will be the only reason for me to make the trip north into the city. 
Bring a gun
  • Like 2

How much did he pay?  ;)

What a collection.

16 hours ago, The Deplorable said:
On 8/14/2019 at 9:47 AM, Benhameen said:
I didn’t realize this collection was headed to Chicago, only a few hours from me, so I’ll definitely be checking it out. This will be the only reason for me to make the trip north into the city. 

Bring a gun

bullet proof vest would help.  they say its down from last year only about 50 people get shot every weekend.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 6:53 AM, Zinergy said:

Seems like he's getting ready for retirement.

He deserves it, a true ledged. :worthy:

IMO he'll never be able to leave 100%, he'll always be around to reminisce and be an ambassador to the sport but he wont have to deal with a schedule.  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, MXOldtimer said:

He deserves it, a true ledged. :worthy:

IMO he'll never be able to leave 100%, he'll always be around to reminisce and be an ambassador to the sport but he wont have to deal with a schedule.  

Would love to see him race an old guy class, like super senior or whatever they call it.  I'm sure he can still turn a few guys inside out. 

23 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Would love to see him race an old guy class, like super senior or whatever they call it.  I'm sure he can still turn a few guys inside out. 

I raced Dick Mann in his mid 60's and he could still bring it pretty good.  I think he could actually ride faster than he did but the thought of tumbling and injury made him more cautious,  would probably be the same for RD. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

35 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I raced Dick Mann in his mid 60's and he could still bring it pretty good.  I think he could actually ride faster than he did but the thought of tumbling and injury made him more cautious,  would probably be the same for RD. 

Tumbling at 60 means a much longer healing time and less chance for full recovery. My son is way into parkour and he is always trying to get me do shit on the trampoline. I have seen him do stuff that would take me out for weeks and he just keeps going like nothing even happened.:cry:

• Like 4

I have always envied Terry Good for his collection. He has just gifted himself the BEST MX PRESENT possible. Or that will ever be possible... now envy crosses the line and has become outright jealousy. Makes the race flyers from under the seat of my truck and the Lechien jersey kinda pale by comparison. And as a SoCal native itseems almost criminal that the museum is not in California! All the above? I'm just kidding. Except the California part. As for DeCoster? I have no clue how he could part with any, let alone all! I guess its different. After all, I have none of my smelly old gear!

• Helpful 1