Gflo

Just Curious- An Observation

Posted (edited)

I frequently check out the post in the California Regional section, as this is where I live and ride with friends.  I have noticed, over time, a lot of posts in the California section from people living in other states.  I see them from all over the US.  Not that I mind at all, I have received some good input from out of state folks.  But I never look at the other regional forums because it doesn’t relate to my riding.  Just curious if you California guys regularly check in and post on the other regional forums.  

Edited by Gflo
  • Like 1

Never ever ever.  

They come here out of jealousy....and rant about our taxes, call us 'liberals' without really knowing what that means, and  complain about our homosexual pets........but they keep coming back.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I pop in to the other western and Baja regional forums once in a while, but there's not much going on there. I think the California forum probably just has the most traffic year round and also the best riders. So I think the "others" just want a piece of that stardom.

Imagine living in a state where you have to drive for days just to see a hill, but you can't even ride it. We are basically superheroes here living superhero lives riding superhero rides. 

At least that's the case here in SoCal. NorCal is just tagging along because they can.

Edited by TheW0LF
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

If I were going to visit another state, and were bringing my bike, I would. Otherwise, never. I’m too busy taking care of my vegan cat and having allergic reactions from my made-up gluten allergy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

the heat, sun and sand, general unshaven and inhospitable conditions in SoCal have drove that gang mad.   Here in NorCal, It's the good stuff year round     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbob said:

the heat, sun and sand, general unshaven and inhospitable conditions in SoCal have drove that gang mad.   Here in NorCal, It's the good stuff year round     

45 minutes ago, TheW0LF said:

Imagine living in a state where you have to drive for days just to see a hill, but you can't even ride it. We are basically superheroes here living superhero lives riding superhero rides. 

* MIC DROP *

Edited by KRAYNIAL
  • Like 1

Never checked out other regional sub forums.

I suppose it's like real life. Everyone complains about California but they keep showing up on our doorstep to continue the spiral.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1.21GW said:

Never checked out other regional sub forums.

I suppose it's like real life. Everyone complains about California but they keep showing up on our doorstep to continue the spiral.

Same as other countries...  always talking smack but cant wait to come vacation here in the country they profess to hate.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gflo said:

I frequently check out the post in the California Regional section, as this is where I live and ride with friends.  I have noticed, over time, a lot of posts in the California section from people living in other states.  I see them from all over the US.  Not that I mind at all, I have received some good input from out of state folks.  But I never look at the other regional forums because it doesn’t relate to my riding.  Just curious if you California guys regularly check in and post on the other regional forums.  

Absolutely. I go to Idaho every year and get tons of great intel from those guys, as well as dudes in Nevada (great riding there) as well. Am also looking to ride in Oregon as well, get intel from those guys too..

Expend your horizons, life is short..

Edited by dyrtmon
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, dyrtmon said:

Absolutely. I go to Idaho every year and get tons of great intel from those guys, as well as dudes in Nevada (great riding there) as well. Am also looking to ride in Oregon as well, get intel from those guys too..

Expend your horizons, life is short..

I suppose if/when I go to another state to ride I will be going on their forum.  Just notice a lot of post from folks out of state.  Perhaps it’s for entertainment value, as this forum can be entertaining at times.

• Like 2

I noticed that as well. A few days ago , somebody from wa posted a ride in WA here on the CA forum. When I commented on it, he proceeded to talk shit about CA. 

Schweigerspanker,Tigershaftmilk , powerbottomtanker, or something along those lines was the name

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah of course.  I grew up in CA.  Worked there all my life.  Still own property there (rental now...)  Occasionally ride there.

But LIVE there?  I think not....  I got options.

PS - yeah, I'll check out other regional forums.  Esp. the HI and UT and CO forums.  Why limit yourself to riding one state?  Makes no sense to me.

Edited by Bill_P

35 minutes ago, bigbob said:

Yes,..... At age 60, if you still have a bucket list, you screwed up

I guess I screwed up.  Spent a lot of my time and resources raising a family and working toward being debt free.  Now that the kids are grown, I’m retired, no debt, and a very comfortable income, I am checking off items on my bucket list.  Travel, cruises to exotic places, new bike.  Life is good, and it was worth the wait.

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, bigbob said:

Yes,..... At age 60, if you still have a bucket list, you screwed up

I didn't even start mine till I was 60

• Like 6

Bucket Lists are for old farts, and people who grow up responsible.  Young life is for doing what's right, getting your finances / life / family squared away.  If you're lucky, you get old, and then you can start up a bucket list.

HOWEVER - the #1 reason for going to other regional forums?  No Bigboobery going on there!!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1