Light weight v's Heavy weight. More CC's, v's Less CC's.

15 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

Good points.

But. When is Jarvis going fast? Very rarely. Not in the traditional sense of the word at least. But I understand what you're saying.

He's going fast quite often, faster than many of us....at below 1/2 throttle.  The only time he ever really get after er' is on big climbs where he needs the HP.  Go watch the Erzberg POV.  Compared to some of the other enduro guys he tends to lug, it works for him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oregon Comrade said:

He's going fast quite often, faster than many of us....at below 1/2 throttle.  The only time he ever really get after er' is on big climbs where he needs the HP.  Go watch the Erzberg POV.  Compared to some of the other enduro guys he tends to lug, it works for him.

Stefan Everts preferred low and mid, he didn't like the effects high rpms have on the rear suspension. Was watching an interview on motoworld one night, and he was talking about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichBaker said:

Stefan Everts preferred low and mid, he didn't like the effects high rpms have on the rear suspension. Was watching an interview on motoworld one night, and he was talking about it.

? Yep. But surely you're aren't comparing Evert's mediocre skills to those of Drop Bears are you?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

Light weight & more CC's !
Here's a 94 KX-500 I had.tapatalk_1566517513413.jpeg

No offence. Ugliest bike ever built were the 88 model KX's. I'm a KX fan, but hated the look of those bikes. Had to restore one once, almost made me puke.

My mate put a KX 500 engine into a KLX 450 roller, then added E-Start, yrs ago, way before you could buy the kit. Actually, pretty sure the kit was his setup. Fully  registered and street legal.

I had a CR 500. Was ported to the shit house, had a lot of work done to the engine. Before I got it. don't know why you'd do that, but I used to call it "The brick  thrower". You didn't want to ride behind me up hills when I was riding that. It was kinda fun, in a kinda scary way. But not really my thing. Throttle control requires self control.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No offence. Ugliest bike ever built were the 88 model KX's. I'm a KX fan, but hated the look of those bikes. Had to restore one once, almost made me puke.
My mate put a KX 500 engine into a KLX 450 roller, then added E-Start, yrs ago, way before you could buy the kit. Actually, pretty sure the kit was his setup. Fully  registered and street legal.
I had a CR 500. Was ported to the shit house, had a lot of work done to the engine. Before I got it. don't know why you'd do that, but I used to call it "The brick  thrower". You didn't want to ride behind me up hills when I was riding that. It was kinda fun, in a kinda scary way. But not really my thing. Throttle control requires self control.
Well I was never a big Kawi fan for some reason. Owned a 76' KX-250, 85' KX-250, 86' KDX-200, and that 94' KX-500. I only regret selling the KDX. I do like the new KX-450's though.

Had a street legal 1987 CR-500, miss that thing...
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Diverdown said:
46 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:
Few of the bikes my mate has atm. You don't see that many RM 500's over here anymore. I'm tempted on that one.
The CR 250 behind the CR 500 is mine now.

thumbnail_IMG_8539.jpg.ba7194cce1907b8c45ffa55b27314efe.jpg

Read more  

You don't see that many RM-500's over here in the USA period. I'd love to have one !

That just arrived from the US.

You just pushed me over the edge. I'm sending him a text now lol.

• Like 1

I bought a new  RMX 250 in 2000, the last of them. Wasn't what I wanted, was the best my budget could do. Was a fantastic bike, broke a clutch cable and that was the only thing to ever go wrong in 5 yrs. Did the first and only top end rebuild after 2 yrs, was a waste of time, was like new. Put more hours on that bike than any other. Most of them in the Vic high country. Only reason I can think of as to why I'm a big Suzuki fan. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 12:29 AM, Drop-Bear said:

And, I said, or meant, the 300cc's are best ridden at the peak revs, same as any race orientated bike, if you can't do that, you can't ride it properly. I said if you can't ride a 300cc as hard as a 125 you can't ride it. and, i'm sticking with that.

Jarvis rides his 2-strokes at very low revs.  Don't think I want to try and argue that he can't ride.  ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

Jarvis rides his 2-strokes at very low revs.  Don't think I want to try and argue that he can't ride.  ?

I think the skill that Jarvis has is not that he rides at very low revs ; it's that he uses only the revs he needs to accomplish the task at hand. It's a very precise skill that very few have. To go along with his balance and clutch control is very effective as we've all seen.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

I wasn't, just said he rides a different style of riding. I also said back at the  beginning, for Extreme enduro, a 300 2T is a decent choice. Definitely the most  common. I'd go the 2020 Beta 200 myself. But, I understand the attraction to the 300cc 2T's for anything slow and technical.

You have multiple times in this thread stated that the only way to ride is WFO and anyone who isn't, just doesn't know how to ride.  Jarvis and pretty much most of the professional WESS guys say you are wrong. 

• Like 1