Kennedy meadow 9/6-9/8

Andy,Billy,Rich,Scott, and Victor, Thank you all for a fun adventure. We had a great time riding with you and seeing some new stuff. The trails were awesome as well as the company. Can't wait to get out there again. I checked my bike after we got home and discovered that my rear tire was 1.7 psi High and the front was .7 low, that might have accounted for my seeming inability to traverse most of the rough sections, I will make adjustments for the next time. Thank you all again for the tow service, the refueling service, and getting my bike off the trail when I was too tired to do so myself.

8 minutes ago, Slorigami7 said:

I checked my bike after we got home and discovered that my rear tire was 1.7 psi High and the front was .7 low, that might have accounted for my seeming inability to traverse most of the rough sections, I will make adjustments for the next time. 

You are kidding right ?  :thinking:

• Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, Slorigami7 said:

checked my bike after we got home and discovered that my rear tire was 1.7 psi High and the front was .7 low, that might have accounted for my seeming inability to traverse most of the rough sections

Wait what! 

Do you have any idea how many people could use a excuse like that. Damn that’s some of the best excuses I have ever heard of. The tire had air in it. Ah even .7 of a pound off. 

I think I once had 70 psi in the rear tire and didn’t need any excuses. ?

1 minute ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Wait what! 

Do you have any idea how many people could use a excuse like that. Damn that’s some of the best excuses I have ever heard of. The tire had air in it. Ah even .7 of a pound off. 

I'm sure he was kidding around...  right ? 

23 minutes ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Wait what! 

Well actually, that wasn't my only "excuse"...I also did an after ride fuel system check and found that I had accidentally mixed @ 39:1 instead of the 40:1 that the bike requires, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with the difficulty I experienced. 

2 minutes ago, Slorigami7 said:

Well actually, that wasn't my only "excuse"...I also did an after ride fuel system check and found that I had accidentally mixed @ 39:1 instead of the 40:1 that the bike requires, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with the difficulty I experienced. 

Where did this guy come from. Good excuse good excuse! You other guys taking notes. ?

31 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

You are kidding right ?  :thinking:

I'll take any excuse I can get, have you ever had to struggle to keep up with a 78 year old man on those trails? I'm seriously considering taking up golf after seeing Red Rattler chugging up trails like Malcom Smith, so yeah..the tire pressures were not optimal, come to think of it I might have been on the wrong needle taper too.

31 minutes ago, Slorigami7 said:

I'll take any excuse I can get, have you ever had to struggle to keep up with a 78 year old man on those trails? I'm seriously considering taking up golf after seeing Red Rattler chugging up trails like Malcom Smith, so yeah..the tire pressures were not optimal, come to think of it I might have been on the wrong needle taper too.

you forgot gearing.........I think you were running 16/35..that was a bitch going up beach.

Edited by boywonder
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Slorigami7 said:

I had accidentally mixed @ 39:1 instead of the 40:1 that the bike requires, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with the difficulty I experienced. 

I still wanna believe you are kidding.  But if you are not...  OMG ! ?

Yup...  Vic hasn't aged a day in the almost 15 years since I first met him.  The guy is a fine wine for sure.

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, scb said:

You really need to check your wompulator valve. I was struggling last ride too. I finally took her apart to find she was stuck in da close position. Not giving all the love power I needed to be successful.

Glad you mentioned it, I had forgotten to adjust it after the last ride! Thank you!

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

I still wanna believe you are kidding.  But if you are not...  OMG ! ?

Yup...  Vic hasn't aged a day in the almost 15 years since I first met him.  The guy is a fine wine for sure.

I'm only half kidding, but seriously, seeing Vic ride like that gives me hope. in 2015 I bought an FE501s as my "last bike" because I seriously felt like I was nearing the end of my riding days due to old age and general brittleness. I saw Vic ride and it has given me the push I needed to stop being such a puss and get back out there more often, hopefully I have a few more fun years ahead. As for the excuses, I have none, other than a little sand in my VJJ lately.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slorigami7 said:

I'm only half kidding, but seriously, seeing Vic ride like that gives me hope. in 2015 I bought an FE501s as my "last bike" because I seriously felt like I was nearing the end of my riding days due to old age and general brittleness. I saw Vic ride and it has given me the push I needed to stop being such a puss and get back out there more often, hopefully I have a few more fun years ahead. As for the excuses, I have none, other than a little sand in my VJJ lately.

Where's the videos??  ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boywonder said:

...and cold beer and watermelon slices....how else were we going to get you up the beach trail?

Next time come to our camp and enjoy some frosty cold ones, let us know when.

12 hours ago, Rich_K said:

Where's the videos??  ?

After seeing me ride, you actually think I know how to make that Go-Pro actually record anything? I just wear it as ballast on my helmet.