guijs

2017 300 XC-W/EXC, I need more torque (?)

Hello,

I have a 2017 300 EXC/XC-W and I think I need more torque on low RPM in 2nd gear. My riding weight is about 245lb/110kg and I do mostly technical riding in terrain with lots of hills with loose rocks.

Does changing the auxiliary spring to the RED one, would help me in this case? Or should I look for a new silencer (Akrapovic or FMF Titanium Powercore 2.1) and pipe (FMF Gnarly?). 

Get a Slavens S3 head, easy and real results.

Red spring, brass screw flush.

That's it.

Leave the exhaust alone, dont do shyt but cost a bunch of money.

• Like 1

Living in Brazil may make simple changes more challenging, I have no idea of what your performance aftermarket market parts is like.

But yes, a higher compression head will help, Slavens S3 or my preferred RK Head will give it a nice boost.  With the RK (and "maybe" Slavens) you tell them what you are looking for when you place your order and then they will cut a head specific to that (like elevation, fuel octane, desired area of hp increase, etc.).  These are not cheap but will be the best boost for the money.

For now you could make sure that what you have is already running as good as it should be, like jetting, mix ratio and fuel quality (octane rating).  An have you tried the red PV spring with the brass dolly set flush to 1 turn in? 

1 hour ago, ttreewalkerr said:

Get a Slavens S3 head, easy and real results.

Red spring, brass screw flush.

That's it.

Leave the exhaust alone, dont do shyt but cost a bunch of money.

I’m going to take a look, thanks!

40 minutes ago, zig06 said:

Living in Brazil may make simple changes more challenging, I have no idea of what your performance aftermarket market parts is like.

But yes, a higher compression head will help, Slavens S3 or my preferred RK Head will give it a nice boost.  With the RK (and "maybe" Slavens) you tell them what you are looking for when you place your order and then they will cut a head specific to that (like elevation, fuel octane, desired area of hp increase, etc.).  These are not cheap but will be the best boost for the money.

For now you could make sure that what you have is already running as good as it should be, like jetting, mix ratio and fuel quality (octane rating).  An have you tried the red PV spring with the brass dolly set flush to 1 turn in? 

Hello, we have very few aftermarket parts and they cost a lot, but I can easily order and I’m also going to USA in 2 weeks.

I have the JD jetting kit and it helped a lot with fuel consumption. I use regular fuel with 87 octanes.

I never changed the aux springs. I believe I’m using the stock yellow. I’m going to try the RED one.

14 hours ago, guijs said:

Hello, we have very few aftermarket parts and they cost a lot, but I can easily order and I’m also going to USA in 2 weeks.

I have the JD jetting kit and it helped a lot with fuel consumption. I use regular fuel with 87 octanes.

I never changed the aux springs. I believe I’m using the stock yellow. I’m going to try the RED one.

If you do actually make it to the US, put a list together before you leave and then search out local dealerships - just my impression but it seems like smaller KTM dealerships seem to do better with parts and performance information.  If there isn't one close then maybe order from the Thumpertalk store or anyone else (Bike Bandit, Chaparral Motorsports, Rocky Mountain ATV, etc.) and have them ship to your hotel or where you are working.  Then you could box everything up and carry them back in your checked luggage.

19 hours ago, guijs said:

Changing from the spring from yellow to red will be like buying a new bike!  that red spring wakes it up!