Sign in to follow this  

motocross JP61 Riding a 450 at MXDN!

Dude was wicked on a 250. Extremely good power to weight ratio. Not to mention he trains with AC. I think in MX hes honestly the best 250 rider in the world atm.

• Like 2

Says he's never ridden a 450 ,that's hard to believe

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, mog said:

Says he's never ridden a 450 ,that's hard to believe

I agree considering he has access to just about anything at KTM. 

Propaganda imo

Not an ideal place to try a 450 for your first race either ??

• Like 2

To be honest, I think this is a good moment actually. The speeds are quite low in assen so a mistake won't be so expensive. Herlings needs to watch out, prado is dangerous.

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, deanevo said:

To be honest, I think this is a good moment actually. The speeds are quite low in assen so a mistake won't be so expensive. Herlings needs to watch out, prado is dangerous.

I'd be ok with Herlings not riding MXoN.   But if the injury risk is relatively low compared to most tracks, maybe it's ok.

I think he wants to go after herlings

On the 250s they were pretty even ( at this track ), I think he's making a big error and here's why

Herlings took 6 months to really get the 450 riding how he wanted

The track is one of the hardest to ride because as was mentioned it's not sand like lommel ,it's very slippy even by sand standards

Trying to beat herlings on a bike you have not raced is asking for trouble imo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deanevo said:

I think it was one of the Revo Husky riders, Walsh who said Assen isn't the safest track if you go off because it's not a natural track and when you go off the track you are dropping off an edge onto concrete in many places.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I think it was one of the Revo Husky riders, Walsh who said Assen isn't the safest track if you go off because it's not a natural track and when you go off the track you are dropping off an edge onto concrete in many places.

Yes that is concrete. But you need to see the context. A 450 will not surprise you so much in assen, as it sucks lots of your hp and its slower.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Isn’t that most GP tracks lol. Either way it will be a good one to watch, I think we have a good team, our guys are hungry. 

• Like 1

It's not a mistake for Prado to move up at all.  He has to do sometime, why not now?  If Herlings lines up for the race then he is healthy, no excuses, no asterisks, at least that is how it is with others in here, why should it be different for "easy road". 

• Like 1

Agree, I don't think it's a mistake. It's a stress free environment for Prado realistically. Sure, he wants to do well but it's not like team Spain is really a contender. So it's really just Prado on the new 450 vs the track. I think it's a good idea. If he beats JH and some other MXGP big names then it's a win for him. If he doesn't... then it's just the 450 rookie getting his feet wet... no biggie.

• Like 3

Isn’t that most GP tracks lol. Either way it will be a good one to watch, I think we have a good team, our guys are hungry. 
Actually very few gp tracks are sand , it's something Americans make up to say why they get beat

Now they do practice in sand more ,but you have to as sand can cope with the weather better, and it helps with fitness at the same time
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, mog said:

Actually very few gp tracks are sand , it's something Americans make up to say why they get beat

Now they do practice in sand more ,but you have to as sand can cope with the weather better, and it helps with fitness at the same time

Most your tracks are a very heavy loam with sand mix. Hows the fog ?