Sign in to follow this  

Ktm350 vs yz250f

54 minutes ago, Yamaha651 said:

Anyone seen a comparison of the 350 & 250f

One is a fat pig and the other is probably the best 250f ever made.

There, now you've seen a comparison too!

• Like 1

Thanks for your opinion! It’s very valuable and helpful, you are a blessing to everyone that reads this!

4 hours ago, Yamaha651 said:

Thanks for your opinion! It’s very valuable and helpful, you are a blessing to everyone that reads this!

Yes, I know!

Now, what exactly are you looking for in terms of "comparison"? You want hard data? It's all on the WWW.

You want effectiveness for riding X, Y, or Z? That would be opinions , coloured heavily by preconceived notions of what is actually effective in X, Y or Z.

You want a comparison of what these bikes mean to their respective brands? Answer is easy... Both are vital.

You want historical comparison? YZ 250F was ground breaking, almost put KAWI and Suzuki out of the dirtbike game.... And then it sucked for a lot of years. The 350 on the other hand (I'm assuming you are talking SX) has always been and overrated bike and is important not for itself but how it helped define and mold the 450s.

What are you looking for?

Yes, I know!
Now, what exactly are you looking for in terms of "comparison"? You want hard data? It's all on the WWW.
You want effectiveness for riding X, Y, or Z? That would be opinions , coloured heavily by preconceived notions of what is actually effective in X, Y or Z.
You want a comparison of what these bikes mean to their respective brands? Answer is easy... Both are vital.
You want historical comparison? YZ 250F was ground breaking, almost put KAWI and Suzuki out of the dirtbike game.... And then it sucked for a lot of years. The 350 on the other hand (I'm assuming you are talking SX) has always been and overrated bike and is important not for itself but how it helped define and mold the 450s.
So I'm curious if you have ridden a 2016 or newer 350sxf?

11 minutes ago, Edge316 said:
10 hours ago, 7thirtyseven said:
Yes, I know!

Read more  

So I'm curious if you have ridden a 2016 or newer 350sxf?

No, why would I ride any SXF, let alone the 350? Not interested... 

Then why the hell comment on something you know nothing about?

18 minutes ago, Edge316 said:
37 minutes ago, 7thirtyseven said:

Read more  

Then why the hell comment on something you know nothing about?

You got me wrong... I know enough about it to know I'm not interested. Big big difference.

BTW, tell me, isn't the 350 only important in how it has helped mold and define the 450s? An astute observer of all things MX should easily see how KTMs introduction of the 350 brought a potential (very real) for change in the class size definition of many sanctioning bodies. Those early years of the 350 had the potential to remove the neophyte 450 class altogether. It didn't, and actually helped solidify the 450s into what we take for granted today. Doesn't take riding a bike one isn't interested in to make that observation....

You got me wrong... I know enough about it to know I'm not interested. Big big difference.
BTW, tell me, isn't the 350 only important in how it has helped mold and define the 450s? An astute observer of all things MX should easily see how KTMs introduction of the 350 brought a potential (very real) for change in the class size definition of many sanctioning bodies. Those early years of the 350 had the potential to remove the neophyte 450 class altogether. It didn't, and actually helped solidify the 450s into what we take for granted today. Doesn't take riding a bike one isn't interested in to make that observation....
You know nothing if you havent actually ridden both the ktm 350 and a yz250f. Read the original post!
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Edge316 said:
38 minutes ago, 7thirtyseven said:

Read more  

You know nothing if you havent actually ridden both the ktm 350 and a yz250f. Read the original post!

Oh, I've riden both the KTM 350 and the YZ250f.

Lots of them actually. You asked if I've ridden a '16 and up 350SXF. Haven't, not interested. Riden other versions of newer 350s, nice. However a comparison of one with a YZ250f is meaningless without knowing X,Y and Z.

Anyone seen a comparison of the 350 & 250f
Yamaha651 I think Mxa or other mags have did a comparison or a least compared the 350sxf to various 250fs during their test of the 350 in the past. Heres my take/ quick comparison of the yz250f and 350sxf. Keep in mind, even though the 350 is similar in ways to a 250f and 450f, it is a different beast. My son currently rides a 2017 Ktm 350sxf. Before the 350 he had a 2012, 2014, and 2016 yz250f. I've rode all the bike numerous times. For this comparison I'll use the 2016 yz250f compared to the 17 ktm 350. I'll start with power....at 0-10 percent....basically when you first crack the throttle, the yz250f actually seemed like it hit a little harder. After that mid- top the Ktm takes over. The Ktm will rev and pull forever. Now keep in mind that is stock to stock. We have since changed the throttle cam, changed the front sprocket to a 13 tooth and added an Fmf exhaust. I would now say from bottom to top, including over rev, the Ktm takes the win....hands down. It has a very fast yet easy to ride powerband. Over all handling, once again Ktm takes the win. The yz wasnt bad but when it comes to turning the Ktm is better. Turns much more effortlessly.The first thing my son commented on when he got it was how much better it turned compared to his yz250f! Now I'll move on to suspension. The ktm suspension in my opinion isnt bad but this one goes to the yz. Stock to stock the yz suspension is better. My son is finally getting ready to have his ktm suspension revalved by Enzo. It should make a huge difference. I had my ktm 450 suspension revalved by Factory Connection and I would say it's not far off from my 16 yz450f that I had. Brakes, clutch, ktm takes the win. Now there was a comment that the Ktm is a Fat Pig....not so! The Ktm feels extremely light in motion. Even though it only weighs a few pounds less than my 450 it feels like it weighs alot less.I haven't ridden a newer yz250f so I cant comment on it but I will say both bikes are awesome.

8 hours ago, Edge316 said:

Yamaha651 I think Mxa or other mags have did a comparison or a least compared the 350sxf to various 250fs during their test of the 350 in the past. Heres my take/ quick comparison of the yz250f and 350sxf. Keep in mind, even though the 350 is similar in ways to a 250f and 450f, it is a different beast. My son currently rides a 2017 Ktm 350sxf. Before the 350 he had a 2012, 2014, and 2016 yz250f. I've rode all the bike numerous times. For this comparison I'll use the 2016 yz250f compared to the 17 ktm 350. I'll start with power....at 0-10 percent....basically when you first crack the throttle, the yz250f actually seemed like it hit a little harder. After that mid- top the Ktm takes over. The Ktm will rev and pull forever. Now keep in mind that is stock to stock. We have since changed the throttle cam, changed the front sprocket to a 13 tooth and added an Fmf exhaust. I would now say from bottom to top, including over rev, the Ktm takes the win....hands down. It has a very fast yet easy to ride powerband. Over all handling, once again Ktm takes the win. The yz wasnt bad but when it comes to turning the Ktm is better. Turns much more effortlessly.The first thing my son commented on when he got it was how much better it turned compared to his yz250f! Now I'll move on to suspension. The ktm suspension in my opinion isnt bad but this one goes to the yz. Stock to stock the yz suspension is better. My son is finally getting ready to have his ktm suspension revalved by Enzo. It should make a huge difference. I had my ktm 450 suspension revalved by Factory Connection and I would say it's not far off from my 16 yz450f that I had. Brakes, clutch, ktm takes the win. Now there was a comment that the Ktm is a Fat Pig....not so! The Ktm feels extremely light in motion. Even though it only weighs a few pounds less than my 450 it feels like it weighs alot less.I haven't ridden a newer yz250f so I cant comment on it but I will say both bikes are awesome.

Thanks for your feedback !