Sign in to follow this  

SSR300s

Check this out!   New issue of dirt bike has an add showing SSR with a 300cc 4-stroke edition

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/dirtbike/sr300s.php

SSR300.png.e597c0b230881fa799b3ac3cea36728a.png

Yeah bam I was talking to crf about it not to long ago and it looks legit for sure....I guess if I had a complaint it would be price....200more and you get the 450s....wish they would drop it some more to make it more of a buy...but that’s me I guess....still though it looks promising for sure.....later bam

We actually have dealers near Baltimore that carry SSR.    However, I have never checked one out.   
I bought my GPX/Pitster from a small shop in Lancaster PA (about 1-1/2 hour drive)

The place was called Keystone Trailer. The main guy there named Harlan is/was a serious racer, and runs a dirt bike business under the Keystone Trailer umbrella. He had the GPX bikes, and TM's. Cool guy!

I called ahead to see what he had there to see. And found a happy match!

Yeah bam I was talking to crf about it not to long ago and it looks legit for sure....I guess if I had a complaint it would be price....200more and you get the 450s....wish they would drop it some more to make it more of a buy...but that’s me I guess....still though it looks promising for sure.....later bam

Sorry guys I have to apologize for getting the pricing wrong it’s actually about 600$ less than the 450s which has a 4899$ price....so it is a little bit more of a spread...wonder if they are trying to fit into the enduro niche with this one....guess we’ll have to wait and see...later

Looks to have the nc250 motor in it.  I would bet  that is has the same 249cc nc250 as the others.  Thats not a bad thing.

They do list it as 82mm bore which would be 283cc. I have the 82mm kit in my bike and it makes it much better, so if SSR has figured out how to deliver that set up from the factory its a win.  There is plenty of room in the motor to add stroke. Zong could easily build a 315cc or so.

Edited by chadzu

Would be a bummer if is just a normal NC250 (22 rear wheel hp) with an off the shelf big bore kit added. Was hoping for a purpose built true 300cc as a new motor evolution. Then having room to increase its cc from there, if warranted.

Wonder how the new (reintroduced) KLX 300 will perform in comparison.

Imagine a dirt bike magazine China/Japan shootout one day!! :-)

Now if we can just get GPX to clone the Sherco 300 sef-r....

I have seen a prototype two cam head for the nc250 that Zong is working on.  So maybe sometime in the future we will see some changes.

The Sherco sefr300 only has 1mm more stroke than the nc250.

I think Zong is having a hard time figuring out that there is a market for a higher HP dirt bike engine.  The nc250 as it now sits is built like a street bike motor that needs to last 20000 miles.  As it is the 82mm kit transforms the nc250.  It adds a bunch of compression which does as much or more than the added cc's.  GPX has looked into asking Zong to provide the engines with a BB from the factory, but Zong wasn't interested.

So SSR either talked Zong into it, or are taking the engine apart and adding the BB, or are just misleading us.

It sure looks like a nice bike, I hope it shows up as described, and at the weight listed.

Lo and behold.... the latest edition of Dirt Bike magazine has an actual ride review of the SSR 300 and they liked it! Should really help elevate china bikes to more mainstream acceptance.

And like Chazu pointed out, it's actually 283cc via the common NC250 motor with big bore kit.

Sadly, the test did not include a dyno test or true wet weight on a scale. But making the pages of dirt bike mag is a real step in the right direction!

Just got delivered to the house a couple days ago. Latest issue. So I imagine it should be on the newsstand in a few more days....