Sign in to follow this  

Need front tire

I have an 05 drz.  Looking for an affordable tire that works.  I guess maybe 60/40 ish.  Been using Kenda K270's with no problems but when I went to order this time I noticed a  C rating for speed. That is about 37 mph.  Man I ride those things a lot faster than that but really not much more than 50 mph.

Anyway what is a good all around tire?  I do some mud but don't look for it, rock and dirt and gravel roads some sand.

Gary,

Think you've misread the speed rating charts, might want to have a 2nd look....Dennis Kirk says they have a P rating, limit is 93 mph

Yeah your right.  Not sure but maybe they make the same tire in two different ratings?  Anyway I put the one for 94mph on and so far it runs fine.  Just did about 250 miles on rock, sand, dirt and light mud.  Did fine. Trying to find the tire pressure it likes.  Running about 26psi now.  May go a couple lbs more, idono

anyway thanks guys.

Edited by thumbs1

I'm really happy with a Pirelli MT-21 Rallycross on the front and a Kenda Trackmaster on the back.   I carry a small mountain bike pump and adjust my pressure down for deep sand and up for street riding.   My setup can be terrifying in deep sandy washes at 25 psi and wonderful in the same wash at 14 psi.