Sign in to follow this  

03 cr250 no spark

Hi guys

The other day my bike that had been work great for years decided to take a dive while riding, the bike started to bog then died as if it was out of gas.  At home I began looking over everything discovered I had a weak spark and only on the first kick after a 2 min cool down. I pulled the stator connector off and measured resistance and the stator measured fine and so did the pulse generator but when I tried to measure voltage on the pulse gen I'm getting barely 5 millivolts instead of the 700mv minimum  after pulling it apart the only thing that looks out of the ordinary is the pulse gen looks like it got hit by the tab on the flywheel. Could the pulse gen be my only problem or is something more going on???

20 hours ago, Garret Nystrom said:

Hi guys

The other day my bike that had been work great for years decided to take a dive while riding, the bike started to bog then died as if it was out of gas.  At home I began looking over everything discovered I had a weak spark and only on the first kick after a 2 min cool down. I pulled the stator connector off and measured resistance and the stator measured fine and so did the pulse generator but when I tried to measure voltage on the pulse gen I'm getting barely 5 millivolts instead of the 700mv minimum  after pulling it apart the only thing that looks out of the ordinary is the pulse gen looks like it got hit by the tab on the flywheel. Could the pulse gen be my only problem or is something more going on???

Was stator loose? Grab flywheel push/pull lift any play?

2 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

Was stator loose? Grab flywheel push/pull lift any play?

No there was no play she was super solid. I went as far as opening up the pulse pickup and found rust forming and the magnet was beginning to fall apart just hoping that it's just the pickup and not more 

• Like 1