Sign in to follow this  

Can chain guide.

Could anyone tell me what size this bolt pattern is? A T-30 torques tip seems to fit but rounds off and is starting to strip the teeth of the bolt. (Don’t want to screw this one up!)

IMG_0014.JPG

Funny as i just about stripped mine on my 15 at last chain change.

Hit the tip lightly with hammer then try again.

Edited by wetneck

7 hours ago, Jimcham said:

Could anyone tell me what size this bolt pattern is? A T-30 torques tip seems to fit but rounds off and is starting to strip the teeth of the bolt. (Don’t want to screw this one up!)

IMG_0014.JPG

Get a set at the Home Depot and use the biggest one that fits or you will ruin it. 

That looks like torque plus. Ford is very famous for using torque plus bolts. Regular torque has more of a pointed sharp edge on the spline. Torque plus has a fatter rounded edge on the spline. Makes a big difference between the two

I spelled it wrong. It's torx plus. The picture at the top shows the differenceScreenshot_20190822-214100_Chrome.jpeg

21 minutes ago, ka24s14am said:

That looks like torque plus. Ford is very famous for using torque plus bolts. Regular torque has more of a pointed sharp edge on the spline. Torque plus has a fatter rounded edge on the spline. Makes a big difference between the two

I haven’t seen torque plus on the earlier models that I know of. I used a torx bit. I doubt they would use a Ford specific bit. ??‍♂️

Edited by SteveThe Snakes