Sign in to follow this  

CRF230F balance

I got to play with a 230 last week, bringing it back from the dead after sitting with gas in it for 10 years. Messing with it in the back yard, I was amazed at how easy it is to static balance. I do that all the time on my trials bike, but most dirt bikes are very difficult to balance for more than a few seconds. This 230 was super easy to hold as long as I wanted to, and even worked no handed. What is it about these bikes that let them do that? Head angle, steering lock, something. Kind of fun to play with though.

• Like 3

I got to play with a 230 last week, bringing it back from the dead after sitting with gas in it for 10 years. Messing with it in the back yard, I was amazed at how easy it is to static balance. I do that all the time on my trials bike, but most dirt bikes are very difficult to balance for more than a few seconds. This 230 was super easy to hold as long as I wanted to, and even worked no handed. What is it about these bikes that let them do that? Head angle, steering lock, something. Kind of fun to play with though.

None of the above. You sir expert Rider
  • Like 2

I actually have a hard time static balancing on my 230l slow speeds it's good but stopped I struggle

Time to practice in the yard I guess 

• Like 1