Sign in to follow this  

XR650R XR650R led tail light / turn signals

hey guys, hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. i have a drz edge 2 led tail light thats going on the bike soon. with that said, im looking for a bright durable plug-n-play led light to fit in the stock housing on the rear fender for extra brake light visibity. since i have the drz edge, its no problem if it functions only as a brake light.

also, what are sone good led turn signals?? again looking for durable bright lights and i dont care if they are super tiny or anything. any recommendations?? ive searched around and couple places i found that sell these are no longer in business

thanks again!! 

*i should add that i have the full baja designs dual sport kit installed

Edited by Sumoman

fwiw, i went with the hyper lite turn signals front and rear. now im looking for a an led tail light bulb to mount inside the stock housing. 

wheeling cycle supply has this setup for XR600/650 but dont know if thats for the L only. does anybody know if this will fit the R model??

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/inner-tail-light-kit--xr600650-and-more--/801

*edit: i finally was able to reach out to wheeling cycle supply, and they said this will fit the XRR

Edited by Sumoman

2 hours ago, Sumoman said:

fwiw, i went with the hyper lite turn signals front and rear. now im looking for a an led tail light bulb to mount inside the stock housing. 

wheeling cycle supply has this setup for XR600/650 but dont know if thats for the L only. does anybody know if this will fit the R model??

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/inner-tail-light-kit--xr600650-and-more--/801

*edit: i finally was able to reach out to wheeling cycle supply, and they said this will fit the XRR

This page has a little bit of everything still available

https://procycle.us/dual-sport/dual-sport-kit.html

• Like 1

thanks for posting the link EC! once i get these turn signals, all lighting will be led...hoping that will free up enough power for the trail tech fan

7 hours ago, Sumoman said:

Best choice out there IMO...when DRC stopped making the LED insert several years ago, Forrest at Wheeling worked with 12 O'Clock Labs to produce this improved version.

• Like 1

I run the OEM yellow candles on the sticks............ so ugly everyone see's ya

but that's the point...........

1 hour ago, EarthCruzn said:

I run the OEM yellow candles on the sticks............ so ugly everyone see's ya

but that's the point...........

same here, its all about the visibility - i really dont mind the look of ‘lollipop’ oem’s lol...the  signals that came w my bike arent that great, plus im going led because they are low draw and are somewhat vibration and shock resistant. the hyper lites are pretty bright - was considering the drc lights but was concerned about them being out there in harms way when the bike drops. the ‘tuff lites’ seems to be very robust and high quality...i love the rugged spring style stalk, but they are almost 2x price of the hyper lites and im reading they arent the brightest. the hyper lites do not use stalks- they are just a plastic case w leds that you stick or bolt onto a flat surface. the drc edge 2 steel tailight has a perfect place to mount these- im hoping they stay out of harms way being flush on the tailight and under the fender. tbd lol

Edited by Sumoman

Old proverb, if it sticks out it will surely break. Food for thought-long live flush mounts!