Sign in to follow this  

1995 yz125 needing help

My 95 yz125 has spark, fuel, air, compression, but not combustion, and my plug is dry by the time I get it out of the head, I've checked the reeds too, there seated fine. I have to bump start it everytime cause my kickstarter just "dissappeared" ordered one today though. Any thoughts and advice is greatly appericiated, thanks 

20190822_171141.jpg

20190822_171258.jpg

7 hours ago, Jason Eccles said:

My 95 yz125 has spark, fuel, air, compression, but not combustion, and my plug is dry by the time I get it out of the head, I've checked the reeds too, there seated fine. I have to bump start it everytime cause my kickstarter just "dissappeared" ordered one today though. Any thoughts and advice is greatly appericiated, thanks 

20190822_171141.jpg

20190822_171258.jpg

Sounds like possibly low on compression. 

Put a compression tester on it and do your push start thing or wait for a kicker, let us know what you find

Are you sure it is getting fuel? You said the plug is dry by the time you get to it makes me wonder if it really is not. You might have fuel at the carb but not in the bore. I would be looking at the float height. I had a similar issue when I was playing with different heights and set mine to high. 

Edited by Vermillionx
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

Sounds like possibly low on compression. 

Put a compression tester on it and do your push start thing or wait for a kicker, let us know what you find

Will do thanks

5 hours ago, Vermillionx said:

Are you sure it is getting fuel? You said the plug is dry by the time you get to it makes me wonder if it really is not. You might have fuel at the carb but not in the bore. I would be looking at the float height. I had a similar issue when I was playing with different heights and set mine to high. 

Yeah im figuring that too, just now taking it apart

Ok, clear something up first. You said you have to bump start it every time. Well, if you’re starting it, then there is combustion. So, were you bump starting it before and this is a new problem? 

1 hour ago, Fireman7875 said:

Ok, clear something up first. You said you have to bump start it every time. Well, if you’re starting it, then there is combustion. So, were you bump starting it before and this is a new problem? 

Let me restate bumping it is the only way i can try to start it. It doesn't fire

It certainly sounds carb related to me. Your bore in the cylinder looks fine. Definitely check float level and the pilot jet. Check spark after that.

• Like 1