Sign in to follow this  

KYB SSS upper bushing land diameter

Hi,

does anybody by chance have a KYB inner tube laying around? I want to compare their size to the one in my Sachs forks, they wear quiet weired and i think they are to big making my bushings relatively tight. I know you cant compare this stuff 1:1, but i want an idea if im far off or the problem is somwhere else.

One measurement in the middle and at the edge of the Land, but not in the clearance grooves.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: here are my measurements, in the middle i got 46.89, on the outer edges 46.8. The middle looks quiet polished already, and the bushings look like they are rubbing excessively in this area. The bronze color is gone after about 10h.

Edited by mr_extreme112

The Sachs forks for the last few years had terrible hardcoating / anodizing on the uppers. They fall apart at 40 hours and the aluminum grit destroys them that much faster. The brake side tends to go first. The wear in the upper tubes accelerates the wear on the bushings. I sent mine out to get hardcoated before they ate themselves. You can find tons of complaints about the wear in any Beta forum.

I'm assuming this is what you refer to.

1 hour ago, robw122 said:

The Sachs forks for the last few years had terrible hardcoating / anodizing on the uppers. They fall apart at 40 hours and the aluminum grit destroys them that much faster. The brake side tends to go first. The wear in the upper tubes accelerates the wear on the bushings. I sent mine out to get hardcoated before they ate themselves. You can find tons of complaints about the wear in any Beta forum.

I'm assuming this is what you refer to.

Moto Beta helping anyone out with that ?

Edited by highmarker

1 minute ago, highmarker said:

Beta helping anyone out with that ?

Last I heard it was on a case by case basis. They do come with a warranty that's much better than most other dirtbikes. It really depends on how early you catch it and get a claim in and how well the dealer is familiar with the problem. I don't know if they've fixed it for the latest models, my 18 was bad. It was both the open and closed chamber versions that were affected.

thanks, when I first heard of it I thought it was just external on the uppers. Suspected simple green or some other alkaline cleaner was to blame. In short cosmetic.