Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Stillwell Performance

Recommended Posts

I'm in discussion with them about front fork upper tube upgrade/replacement. But I couldn't get ahold of them this morning. I suspect they get spread thin on race weekends, not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did my Dal Soggio sphere  fork kit and there rear shock magic, about 3-4 months ago. By far the best I have ever rode on. For sure worth the wait.

Edited by rocky4by
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stillwell took awhile on one of my sets of suspension. I wasn't totally stoked on that and the forks came back too soft. However, they nailed it on the re-revalve as well as the suspension that I previously sent-in...so I guess I give them a pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sierra_rider said:

Stillwell took awhile on one of my sets of suspension. I wasn't totally stoked on that and the forks came back too soft. However, they nailed it on the re-revalve as well as the suspension that I previously sent-in...so I guess I give them a pass.

Yes, mine are in for round two. 

They were so much NOT progressive as you went through the stroke that I had to have the compression and rebound all the way in to get predictable and linear damping.  

Great when you are going 50, but not so great the rest of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of  any tuner who would not do at least one revision. Just standard practice. Of course you pay shipping.

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

Taking on more than they can handle, apparently

 

  Bill.You could do as good of a job yourself as anybody out there with the knowledge base available and the benefit of feeling for yourself rather than explaining to a stranger what are your expectations out of a re valve. Might take you a dozen or more tries before you get it right but you will eventually and you will have learned something.

Edited by widebear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, widebear said:

  Bill.You could do as good of a job yourself as anybody out there with the knowledge base available and the benefit of feeling for yourself rather than explaining to a stranger what are your expectations out of a re valve. Might take you a dozen or more tries before you get it right but you will eventually and you will have learned something.

I used to do all my motors and suspension. No time, and no room anymore to do that stuff. My three car garage is 2.75 cars worth of my contracting business.

Maybe after I retire.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

Taking on more than they can handle, apparently

Doesn't seem so if they're not losing customers. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. Are those DLC coated? You probably got moved to the end of the line since it was free work, they should have known you are the Internet Kran and moved you to the front?

Do you really run 110mm sag in the rear? Had you told them how much unused travel you had up front?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Nice. Are those DLC coated? You probably got moved to the end of the line since it was free work, they should have known you are the Internet Kran and moved you to the front?

Do you really run 110mm sag in the rear? Had you told them how much unused travel you had up front?

No. Hard anodized upper and shock body.

Yes, I probably did, but Kevin calls me on his personal cell phone to go over the details. I'm sure that is rare.

More like 105+ish.  I tried running 108, but my spring was just a tiny bit off, and the static sag was too large. That was 5 mo ago, and I have lost 11 more lbs since then, so now it might work out.

Yes, I did. Nearly 2.5 inches. 

The 'push down them before installing them' test reveals a substantially different feel.

Feels much more like a 2005 CRF450R Showa, than a Sachs......  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Beta 14 Race Edition with the red zokes and the sachs. Bike was not good at all stock. Stillwell nailed my revalve first time and the bike was freaking awesome. Like a whole new bike to me. Hope you got it dialed in now. 

Edited by THUMPERRIDER1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal communication is a huge plus to have a quality experience with this suspension black magic. I got the same response from Corey Smith of Pro Tune in Ohio. For those needing an east coast/mid west based tuner I highly recommend him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 10:43 PM, KRAYNIAL said:

 but Kevin calls me on his personal cell phone to go over the details. I'm sure that is rare.

 

Not really ?

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...