Sign in to follow this  

Trade my cr250 for ltr450

I’ve been looking for a 450 quad for awhile now and I’ve found a 2006 ltr450. The guy says he’ll trade for my nice 2001 cr250 with $500 on my end. The only thing that worries me is he says after sitting it takes close to a full minute of cranking to start but after it’s warm it fires right up. Could this just be the valves need adjusted or could it be worse? I just don’t want to trade my bike if I’m going to get a pos for it. What would you guys do?

Personally I would keep the cr250 and buy a sport quad with cash. It's nice to have/ride both types of machines. I don't know much about the ltr's but if those are the racing version, like the yzf450 series, then they are just high strung bikes that need lots of maintenance. Sounds like his valves need adjusted on the ltr. It should fire right up.

Keep the CR and keep it in the family! Get yourself a TRX450R.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 5:30 PM, emmettman said:

just don’t want to trade my bike if I’m going to get a pos for it. What would you guys do?

Someone typically gets screwed in a bike trade.  Walk away.

• Like 1

I recently acquired a 2006 LTR450. I’ve ridden bikes all my life and always wanted a sport quad. I got a deal on it but it def needed some tlc. It’s got the “cherry bomb” mod, Yoshimura RS-5 full exhaust, K&N air filter with airbox lid removed, power commander tuner, and a tether switch. The quad is a blast to ride and is wicked fast (a bit scary at times in a good way).  I love it and think you will too as long as it’s not clapped out. I will say this though, if you want to trail ride it, you may have to change tire sizes and sprockets depending on the types of trails. It can be a handful in the woods and it’s low and wide stance don’t help. I was torn between a 400ex and the LTR. Glad I went LTR.

9 minutes ago, emmettman said:

I ended up not doing the trade, the ltr was in rough shape to say the least. I’m still looking though.

Ah well. Something will turn up. You definitely don’t want to buy a clapper.

• Like 1