Sign in to follow this  

Squamish Lava Flow Trials on TrailForks

1 hour ago, filterx said:

Apparently a locally developed app for Mountain Biking trails and the SDBA is the first to have the dirt bike trails for the Lava Flow area posted.

I'm not using it but its helping make mountain bikes aware of where the dirt bike trails IF they choose to ride them.

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/stp/

you ever ride the tcat, or is it mostly non moto in bc ?

2 minutes ago, highmarker said:

you ever ride the tcat, or is it mostly non moto in bc ?

If you mean this, no but I've getting into dual sporting and shorter say 2 or 3 events.

https://www.graveltravel.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=20

Squamish is sort of unique in BC. It has a huge mountain bike community, then big mountain rock climbing, kite boarding, kayaking and we've got a couple of half decent dirt bike areas.

The mountain bike trails are clearly non motorized but the dirt bike area's started out years ago as mountain bike trails but as dirt biking got bigger, the DB club worked with the MB club for the DB areas. Today it was me and my buddy and only ran into another dude and a couple of girls on dirt bikes. As I was heading back to the staging area, there was a dude on a mountain bike wearing a hair vest coming up the hill sweating his ass off. We were stopped and a bunch of other MBer's came up and I was like dude, whats with the hair vest. He was its my birthday and my buds are making me wear this and ride the dirt bike trails. They knew here they were and we were all were having a good laugh.

Squamish (or Squampton is hard to describe) then through in that Whistler/Blackcomb is about 1/2hr away and some of the best skiing/snowboarding and MB park in NA (look up Crankworks).

NON motorized dedicated area's are actually rare and sort of a West Coast BC thing otherwise the off road motorized riding in BC sucks 🙂

19 minutes ago, highmarker said:

bookmarked that link, thanks !

I've meet a number of dudes from the US on TT who have come up to ride BC and if you're ever interested shoot me a PM.

Are you interested in DS rides in BC?

Too bad our $ sucks so bad to the US $ cus I'd be heading south a bit more to ride.

Edited by filterx
  • Like 2

Fwiw VIDRA ( Vancouver Island dirt riders association) is now using Trailforks on all the crown land we manage . This includes Tansky , Whiskey Creek and Cook Creek .  With hopefully Shawnigan lake and Pye mountain rec areas soon as well .  Interestingly when we are able to acquire riding areas legally and maintain them , they are focused on dirt bikes but the general public are welcome ( ie hikers and mountain bikers ) as it’s unfair to be exclusionary.  
the Trailforks seems to be a good medium to use if riders take advantage of it . It give us stats and let’s riders notify of windfall or other hazards easily . The only downside is if it’s used to map non authorized trails and advertise they are there .  But then the whole “app” doesn’t really show what is authorized anyway 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1