Sign in to follow this  

350 SXF '16 vs. '17+ Forks, will airs fit?

Good Day, All,

I have a 2016 KTM 350 SXF that I ride and race in the desert. My problem is desert chop, the "ride of a thousand thumbs". It beats my hands up. I have Fasst bars, and the forks have been re valved for me, but it's still an issue.

So, I was wondering if anyone ...1) has experience with the '16's 4cs vs. 17's or newer AER 48's? If possible, would switching forks be worth it for my "chop problem"?

And ,2) IS it possible to mount AER's to my bike? is it "bolt on", or what would it entail? I've read a test where the triple clamps were changed for 17'. Would that be necessary?

Thanks in advance

Joe

• Like 1

The euro 16 cane with aer , yes the bolt on ,they are longer than the 4cs ,so you might need to try them in different places in the clamps

5 hours ago, mog said:

The euro 16 cane with aer , yes the bolt on ,they are longer than the 4cs ,so you might need to try them in different places in the clamps

Thx, Mog. The question is, then, is it worth it?

On 8/24/2019 at 11:37 PM, drtbkjoe said:

Good Day, All,

I have a 2016 KTM 350 SXF that I ride and race in the desert. My problem is desert chop, the "ride of a thousand thumbs". It beats my hands up. I have Fasst bars, and the forks have been re valved for me, but it's still an issue.

So, I was wondering if anyone ...1) has experience with the '16's 4cs vs. 17's or newer AER 48's? If possible, would switching forks be worth it for my "chop problem"?

And ,2) IS it possible to mount AER's to my bike? is it "bolt on", or what would it entail? I've read a test where the triple clamps were changed for 17'. Would that be necessary?

Thanks in advance

Joe

2016 SXF 350 come with the AER 48 as stock fork . but 2016 FC350 are with 4CS 48mm forks. i think an AER will bolt on your bike . you may just consider buying a 2017 triple clamp which is less rigid than 2016 triple-clamp . 

Only euro bikes cane with aer in 16 ,USA didn't

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 9:07 AM, mog said:

Only euro bikes cane with aer in 16 ,USA didn't

aha , okej . hear many positive comments about them .