Sign in to follow this  

Rear shock rebound dampen screw free spin

2013 ktm pds rear shock, I decided to turn in for more rebound dampening and noticed screw stiff, so I gently rocked back n forth, then loose. Still feel clicks but never stops,, obviously it broke.

I have a big ride coming up and would like to run it like this for my outing, then have shock repaired.

Question: Does my dampening stay where it was or 1 click away let's say from when it broke?

Anyone know...

It is probably stuck where it was when you tried to adjust it

If it's like the older setup it breaks at the middle of the adjuster, which has a tapered rod going into it. Pretty sure the rod is adjusted on the outside part of the taper (otherwise winding it in would make it softer) so it could move if you've broken it completely, though if you wound it out 'till it broke the inner taper will probably be up against the rod and hold it in. Having said that, on My one ('07) the rod rather than the screw was the bit that was seized and took plenty of heat and force to get it moving again, not a chance of it ever moving. 🤣

Edited by DEATH_INC.

Inspected further and noticed the screw looks flush, pushed on it lightly and in pushes in a bit. Tells me the needle moves up,,, broke at the hourglass.
So if I ride next weekend I will probly get the lowest amount of rebound dampening system has. Uggg.

Shock at shop,, the hour glass on the rebound adjuster screw broke due to the thread locked up. Getting replaced with full overhaul to shock and new valving since my pds shock was maxed out on rebound dampening and still to quick of rebound.
Now I'll be set in middle at present rebound dampening speed with adjustment on both sides.

• Like 1