Sign in to follow this  

How did everyone choose the number on their # plates?

Simple as that, how'd you come up with your number?

I'm thinking about throwing some number plates on my new yz250fx because I don't like the plain white. I don't really have a favorite number and I know you're not really suppose to choose a single or 2 digit. 

Never knew about the double digit thing. I ain’t racing yet, just wanted some numbers to make the plates pop a bit more against the black. So I went with my jersey number from hockey cuz it’s one of my fav numbers IMG_2369.JPG

In Canada when you apply for your racing license you can submit several number choices.  If those numbers are not yet assigned you can get the number of your choice.

My wife was born on May 24th:

617219894_IMG_4802-Copy-Copy.JPG.png.9b9e159b4406b11ba875d232384f0cc2.png

• Like 5

Coincidence or unnatural phenomena........

My roster number at SFAS and other training I attended while I was in the Army was always #30. The date that I promoted to supervisor in the agency I work for now was 05/22. 

I got both my bikes in AZ two weeks before we moved to Maine. Many years after SFAS and the promotion. The numbers were on the bikes when I bought them. 

You don't choose numbers, they choose you......LOL

IMG_20181006_093906506_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181006_093919762_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Join the AMA, and got to a race, then race.  As mentioned above, the last 3 numbers of your AMA number is your race number.

Over 20years ago, 420 had just started to become a popular number that had nothing to do with racing, I thought it would be funny to run it on my CR250 at the MX track. I didn't realize how well known the number 420 was until I got to the track, received a lot of unwanted attention that day!

• Haha 3

In the vchss, depends on what class you ride and how you finish the following year, you get that number.  But you can choose a different number as long as it's not someone else's first. Since moving to the senior B class which is the 800 class, l chose my birthday month and day. 828.wp_ss_20161101_0005.png.20aac68455f102ffbbbd2bb699878ca2.png

• Like 3

Needed a number 25 years ago for my race car...chose 99 to remember a classmate in HS and motorcycle racer who was killed racing at age 18. The late, great Chuck Jordan and I stirred a lot of shit in school. He is still remembered by various races named after him. 

52 minutes ago, Poldies said:

Join the AMA, and got to a race, then race.  As mentioned above, the last 3 numbers of your AMA number is your race number.

That was my Intention because I heard that before. I was kind of deciding between last 3 of ama which is 393 or last 3 of D14 which is 880

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 95silverstallion said:

That was my Intention because I heard that before. I was kind of deciding between last 3 of ama which is 393 or last 3 of D14 which is 880

If you race HS or enduro, they will give you a number, different one at each race generally.  The technically proper number is the AMA, but I doubt they would give you any trouble if you went with the D14 number.

How's the new bike?

The new FX is great. Only have 5 hrs on it so I'm just getting the suspension set up where I  want it.

I'm only considering numbers because I don't like the plain white plates. I may just get Black or blue number plate backgrounds but with no numbers

2 minutes ago, 95silverstallion said:

The new FX is great. Only have 5 hrs on it so I'm just getting the suspension set up where I  want it.

I'm only considering numbers because I don't like the plain white plates. I may just get Black or blue number plate backgrounds but with no numbers

I did that before I started to race, the white plates look like garbage quick without any protection.  30 bucks or so from Bike Graphix for pre cut blanks fyi... 

Glad you're liking the bike, I have heard a lot of good things about the FX's.

• Like 1

Back in the mid 70s in my very short race career I was 000, I requested it and they said OK.

My two favourite road racers both ran 17 so thats what I went with.  

• Like 1