Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Camel Aux. Tank

Recommended Posts

Anyone plumb a camel tank on a Rally yet? I have mine mounted but haven’t got the plumping worked out right yet. Straight fwd on the regular CRF250L but the Rally seems a bit more complicated with the Evap canister. I’d like to delete the Evap can but not sure I want to go that deep yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mutton, unfortunately I don't have any experience with this, but this video link might help. He does not explain how he did the plumbing, but refers to another link in his video description. (Which happens to be an instilation on a 250L, but looks like it should work) 

What I can confirm, is that if you drop him a message via the comment section, he is usually good at replying. Please let us know if this was any help or how you ended up doing it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all crf 250l's for the American market have the same evap system. the connections should be the same. I've not done a camel install, but I seem to recall when researching them that it was basically just taking the hose from the tank vent and going to the camel tank so that it would suction gas through that vent when needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did finally get everything plumed up correctly... I decided to remove the Evap canister and junk all those hoses and can, leaving the valve wired in.  Once there was some space to work in there I used the tank vent hose and rerouted my incorrect attempt and now it pulls like dream from the camel tank.  Even if I really didn't need extra fuel I love it.  I ride all day and when the others are at the pump, I am barely one bar into the main tank and I just sit back and take a break.  Very happy with the product but it took some time to both mount, and plumb to the Rally version.  It would be helpful for Camel tank company to have Rally mount kit and specific model instructions.

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, MuttonSnapper said:

I did finally get everything plumed up correctly... I decided to remove the Evap canister and junk all those hoses and can, leaving the valve wired in.  Once there was some space to work in there I used the tank vent hose and rerouted my incorrect attempt and now it pulls like dream from the camel tank.  Even if I really didn't need extra fuel I love it.  I ride all day and when the others are at the pump, I am barely one bar into the main tank and I just sit back and take a break.  Very happy with the product but it took some time to both mount, and plumb to the Rally version.  It would be helpful for Camel tank company to have Rally mount kit and specific model instructions.

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

I'm having trouble. It won't suck. I've I stalled into vent hose. There is another hose under tank. How do you plumb the rally version? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 3:12 PM, Tltaylor1 said:

I'm having trouble. It won't suck. I've I stalled into vent hose. There is another hose under tank. How do you plumb the rally version? Thanks

Did you solve it I'm in the same boat crf250l with canister 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oscar osorio said:

Did you solve it I'm in the same boat crf250l with canister 

Yes. It is the smaller hose at the bottom of the tank and not the larger gray one. Works great 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...