Sign in to follow this  

Is CRF125F Too Small For Me

Yes at 5'9" the CRF125F is way too small for you, even the FB 'big-wheeled' version is still too small.

If you have zero riding experience and just learning the basics (throttle/clutch/shifting) it might do for the first hour or so

but thereafter your progression will be severely limited by the cramped ergonomics.

Within the same type of basic entry level trail bikes, a CRF230F or TTR230 would be better suited.

Edited by mlatour

14 hours ago, mlatour said:

Yes at 5'9" the CRF125F is way too small for you, even the FB 'big-wheeled' version is still too small.

If you have zero riding experience and just learning the basics (throttle/clutch/shifting) it might do for the first hour or so

but thereafter your progression will be severely limited by the cramped ergonomics.

Within the same type of basic entry level trail bikes, a CRF230F or TTR230 would be better suited.

What about the CRF150F?
I just want a really cheap first bike and it seems like the smaller cc ones are usually cheaper.

26 minutes ago, dirtbikemaster said:

What about the CRF150F?
I just want a really cheap first bike and it seems like the smaller cc ones are usually cheaper.

XR200

• Helpful 1

OP, depends if you want a 'toy' to ride around in circles with or, a true dirt bike that will allow you to progress your skills.

This hobby isn't cheap, (keep in mind there are also the costs of maintenance, wear items and minimal safety gear)

what you can afford now doesn't mean is the proper bike for you, meaning saving up some more to buy the right bike for your intended usage.

At 5'9" you are in 'full-sized' bike height meaning a 21" front and a 18" or 19" rear wheel.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1