N.dica

Slavens S3 mule head won't fit

Posted (edited)

EDIT: innocent packaging mix up at the factory.  Was, in fact, accidentally shipped a 300 head in a 250 head box.

2018 250 xcw tpi.  Finishing my top end rebuild/cleaning of powervalves.  Reassembling everything including new S3 head for tpi.  Its a tpi head but the bolt pattern diameter is wrong.  I quadruple checked the part I ordered and part numbers of oem heads/cylinders.  Does a 300 have a different bolt pattern diameter? If so, I was sent a 300 head mislabeled as a 250.  If the bolt pattern diameter is the same on 250/300s then the machine shop made a bad batch. Anyone know about the difference between heads on a 250 vs 300?

With heads removed, measurement from inner edge of bolt hole to the inner edge of the bolt hole on the opposite side is:

about 79.4mm for OEM head 

about 85.4mm for S3 head

Edited by N.dica

Waiting til tomorrow morning as theyve been closed for the weekend.  Im just trying to sort out the issue mentally right now.  Im guessing I was sent a 300 head that was mislabeled as a 250 head judging from the dimensions stated.