Sign in to follow this  

Yz450f suddenly breaking up

Hi I have a 2006 yz450f was running great and I was on top of a big sand hill. I ended up turning the gas off and laying the bike on it side and after that it started breaking up bad the rest of the day. You can cruise and it's fine and high speed is fine it's just alall the mid throttle os choppy breaking up starts right up 1st kick. Do you think from laying it down something in the carb? Om going to clean it clean air box/filter change the plug and check all my connections. Any hehelhehelp would be great thanks.

9 hours ago, ktmnj said:

Hi I have a 2006 yz450f was running great and I was on top of a big sand hill. I ended up turning the gas off and laying the bike on it side and after that it started breaking up bad the rest of the day. You can cruise and it's fine and high speed is fine it's just alall the mid throttle os choppy breaking up starts right up 1st kick. Do you think from laying it down something in the carb? Om going to clean it clean air box/filter change the plug and check all my connections. Any hehelhehelp would be great thanks.

Could be coincidental if you believe in coincidence but I’d start with a new plug.