Sign in to follow this  

Yz250 rattle strange noise (clutch side)(video)

Hello, I bought recently a yz250 from 2019 with only 30 ours on it, the bike sounds great if you listen on the ignition side, but on the clutch side it sides terrible, i put 1 our ago a whole new oem clutch in it and it stil makes the same noise looks like its nothing with the crank, the noise goes not away when pulling the clutch waterpump bearing is good to, what could it be ?

When you hold your hand on the cover it goes much quieter

Hope sombody can help

I found this video this bike makes the same noise as my bike, you can here a perfect running engine with this strange noise trought

[url=https://www.youtube.com/embed/DuJFhzPxz2Y?feature=oembed][/url]  

Most likely it’s normal, straight cut gears make a lot of noise. How much oil do you have in the transmission? Don’t use the check bolt hole, 750 mL minimum, I run 900 mL.

• Like 3

Most likely it’s normal, straight cut gears make a lot of noise. How much oil do you have in the transmission? Don’t use the check bolt hole, 750 mL minimum, I run 900 mL.

Thanks for reply !

Accidentally I run 900 ml to because the noise gets indeed louder when running 750
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kinger317 said:

You run 900 with the oem cover? If that's the case, I've been paranoid about over filling for 20 years! Dammit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What Kinger said

i have always found the yz250's to be pretty noisy engines.  With my first one, an 03 i picked up used, i practically replaced the entire bottom end chasing "strange sounds"  before i just gave up and then ran the thing hard for several years without a single issue.

When i picked up my '18x it wasn't too long before i heard the oh so familiar strange engine sounds, if i wasn't familiar with how the yz250's sound i probably would have been concerned.  Lots of hrs on that thing now and not a single issue as well. 

Either way, sometimes you get vib sounds off the kicker and pipe that can make a good bit of racket, maybe try holding those still to see if it is either of those.  

• Like 1

You run 900 with the oem cover? If that's the case, I've been paranoid about over filling for 20 years! Dammit!

Yes, stock cover. There’s a lot of things I like about it, I’ve done it for a long long time and have never found any down side.
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

My 250X is a 2016.  It makes a significant racket from the clutch side.  Twist the throttle and let 'er eat.  They are noisy engines.  I wish they weren't but whatever.

Ok, thanks for reply everyone I have replaced the oem clutch damping rubbers with prox damping rubbers and the sound is not gone but half as loud is before

[emoji1307]

• Helpful 1