Sign in to follow this  

YZ125 Bogging Under Load

Hello All,

We have a YZ125 we were riding over the weekend through some sand and it developed a bogging issue. You could ride it at wide open throttle for a while, then all of a sudden, it would bog down. If you stayed on throttle, it would bog until stalling, if you clutched, let the RPMs come down, and downshifted, you could work back up to where you were. Pulling the plug and doing a compression check today, any ideas on where to start otherwise?

Sand is real hard on a 125 due to the increased loads and engine temps. Post your current set up.

year, oil ratio, jetting, altitude, temperature/general humidity, fuel used.

Mods like pipe etc.

Is float level correct?

Edited by mrdsee

2006 YZ125

Procircuit platinum pipe and silencer

410/35 jetting

Michigan, so pretty humid, not too high altitude

32:1 with 110 and Yamalube 2 stroke oil

Also when is the last time the silencer got repacked? 

4 hours ago, lxender said:

2006 YZ125

Procircuit platinum pipe and silencer

410/35 jetting

Michigan, so pretty humid, not too high altitude

32:1 with 110 and Yamalube 2 stroke oil

I run 28-1 yamalube 2R on my full race YZ125/144 as I'm a fan of plenty of oil especially on high RPM, small displacement engines. I also run straight VP 110 but I'm running a high compression head with some timing advance. If your running stock timing and a stock head the 110 is likely more octane than needed and working against you performance wise. Might try 25%-30% VP110 with 91-93 octane gas. I also run a bit richer since I run in the desert where higher sustained speeds and sand loads are more common for me. So going up a step or 2 on the main plus some extra oil could help. Also check your float level and fuel flow to carb as it might be running out. Some pictures of the plug would be interesting.

• Like 1