Sign in to follow this  

saturday 8/31

thinking of FH lower trails.  will be silty but hey, what else is there to do

no lurkers showed up at 7am. Place was empty and it's labor day weekend.  two RVs was only folks there and a couple quad dufuses who slept overnight in their truck or tent.  So I drove up to china wall and staged there. I explored fire roads and gravel roads south of FH road that I saw on google maps. Found some good stuff that connects to off grid stuff, and one dirt road goes way down the loop 6 canyon side. I turned around though, still spooked riding alone with out cell coverage and  be careful of off shoots and private land signs.   This is all good news to me though, because now I can set up a good dual sport loops with trails too,  out of china wall, with stuff on both sides of FH road, out humbug ridge road, the new California ST trail, and of course upper loop 5

I was packed up and heading down the hill at 930am,  now comes the crowds of trucks up the hill with bikes.   Early is best!!   Happy Labor day weekend all

• Like 1

Nice report!

Sounds like a good time. Would be interesting seeing how that all connects one day. And one day I’ll have a dual sport.  

Smoke ?

Sign in to follow this