Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F/L Should I replace the clutch?

Hello, new to the forum and fairly new to the sport.  I just bought a 2007 CRF150F for my son who outgrew his CRF80.  Its in really good condition but the clutch cable is nearly adjusted out fully.  The clutch seems to operate OK without noticeable slipping but I assume its time to replace since the cable has been adjusted out all the way?  And the clutch pull seems pretty soft.  Or should I leave it alone if its operating?  Are there any other signs I should look for to indicate a worn out clutch?  I dont mind replacing it because I enjoy working on it.   Thanks!  

Don’t remember about a 2006 or newer 150f but All 230’s and 2005 or older 150f’s also have a clutch cable adjustment at the clutch cover/lever attachment. So two different places to adjust the clutch cable.

2 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Don’t remember about a 2006 or newer 150f but All 230’s and 2005 or older 150f’s also have a clutch cable adjustment at the clutch cover/lever attachment. So two different places to adjust the clutch cable.

Yes, it has an adjustment at the clutch cover.  That is the one that is nearly adjusted to its limit.  

Yes, it has an adjustment at the clutch cover.  That is the one that is nearly adjusted to its limit.  
If you do replace clutch note most aftermarket clutch's are junk. You will not go wrong with OEM. There are only a few other clutch's good.

Had an '08, clutch pull was soft on it.  I just rode it.  You could try a new cable, if it doesn't change things.  You can go to a new OEM clutch pack.