Sign in to follow this  

Pipe guard

Was never a fan of carbon fiber pipe guards because of the price but this is a cheap alternative (under $100) and looks and functions great.  I din't use any of the mounting hardware and opted to rivet straight onto the pipe. 

https://www.polisport.com/en/off-road/news/armadillo-pipe-guard/?id=258&idn=149

20190826_162232.jpg

• Confused 3

That looks pretty cool, I like the inclusion of silicone for reducing sound even if it's just a small amount. I know what riveting is but you drilled holes directly into the pipe?

• Like 1

That looks pretty cool, I like the inclusion of silicone for reducing sound even if it's just a small amount. I know what riveting is but you drilled holes directly into the pipe?

I was wondering the same thing. Can't say that I would of gone in that direction. The bike looks virgin, I'm guessing he's got the cake to buy another pipe when spooge pours out during the first ride. That, and the fact that he can't clean it anymore.
  • Like 1

Rivets. Not a good idea. What were you thinking?

Exhaust pipes are a sealed expansion chambers,  under alot of pressure.

Besides the spooge blowby thats gona seep out,  your gona  loose valuable pressure out of the pipe  and it turn gona loose valuable power.? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fred29 said:
20 hours ago, smirmeister said:

I was wondering the same thing. Can't say that I would of gone in that direction. The bike looks virgin, I'm guessing he's got the cake to buy another pipe when spooge pours out during the first ride. That, and the fact that he can't clean it anymore.

That was my first thought. Can't properly clean under it anymore.

22 hours ago, primerib108 said:

Was never a fan of carbon fiber pipe guards because of the price but this is a cheap alternative (under $100) and looks and functions great.  I din't use any of the mounting hardware and opted to rivet straight onto the pipe. 

20190826_162232.jpg

Whoever did the last set of fork seals put the upper tubes on the wrong lowers. Your stickers are upside down.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, primerib108 said:

20190826_162232.jpg

Where did you get that? I ordered one from Dennis Kirk and cancelled and gave up after 60 days when’s it was still on backorder ?

2 hours ago, MX Tuner said:

Whoever did the last set of fork seals put the upper tubes on the wrong lowers. Your stickers are upside down.

Lol maybe someone just put the stickers upside down, doesn’t mean it’s the wrong combo.

• Like 1

In addition to all posted above, the hardware holds the pipe guard off the pipe so there is a bit of room like a hard hat.

15 hours ago, Orange Crush 500 said:

Exhaust pipes are a sealed expansion chambers,  under alot of pressure.

...............  your gona  loose valuable pressure out of the pipe  and it turn gona loose valuable power.? 

Hahahahahaha, good one. Why didn't you throw something about muffler bearings in there, too? 🤣

Stickers are just stickers lol. That is the way it came when I bought it and just left it as is. 

Haven't had an issue with leaks or anything. Soaked up a bunch of rocks and took a slight hit off a log without issue. I have 2 pipes and the one mounted  right is my dinger pipe.....was already dented up and my bud was able to straighten it out so it fits still. Maybe it might not be optimal to use rivets but I smeared them in copper rtv and like the naked look without clamps.  

Edit....no difference in how the bike runs either. Sounds and performs the same with this or any other pipe.  

Edited by primerib108

Can't find the receipt right now but memory serves me correct I believe I bought it from sierra motorcycles??  

Rocky Mountain ATV sells them, $40: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/polisport-armadillo-pipe-guard-p?v=10848

They don't have black, only gray. I can't tell if OPs is black or gray.

Can't say I would have thought to rivet it but it sure looks clean.  As far as being spaced out with the clamps, you could add a washer between the guard and the pipe if that was a concern.

Very clean looking CR!

Edited by mbrick