weimedog

So What Will KTM do now?

With a possibility of a hurt Marv AND Webb.....and a total disaster of a 250 year against a sea of blue.....what does 2020 look like for them? In one year their top riders on both sides of the ocean have had a dose of tough luck....SO invest in the Husqvarna ( KTM ) Squad? Obviously need an infusion of something in the 250's.... and when their two "Top Dogs" over there come back on line...maybe some of the 250 guys bounce over here for a bit? Shore up the 250's? Fill in for the 450's? We can hope both Marvin & Cooper are healthy for SX...but four guys hurt in one year....that's a bad omen

1 hour ago, weimedog said:

With a possibility of a hurt Marv AND Webb...

Webb isn't hurt, he's fine.  Marv is the only question mark right now.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Honda hasn’t won a Premier Championship since the introduction of the 450’s . That’s a bad omen!!

Undefeated 2004 Ricky Carmichael on a HRC450 says hello.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 8
  • Helpful 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Webb will be just fine, who knows about Marv, but he's not the future anyway.  The cupboard is bare in the 250's.  Best thing going on there is Mosiman, but just barely.

It's the bike as all the fanbois like to say  !!! :smirk:

Edited by OUTERLIMITS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Webb will be just fine, who knows about Marv, but he's not the future anyway.  The cupboard is bare in the 250's.  Best thing going on there is Mosiman, but just barely.

They'll have Plessinger once his current deal with Yamaha ends.  :smirk: 

KTM will probably have a steady stream of 250 Yamaha champions, that have disappointing results on the YZ450F, and sign with KTM on the cheap.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, redrider144 said:

They'll have Plessinger once his current deal with Yamaha ends.  :smirk: 

Maybe they will, but that's not going to help them with their shit show in the 250's.  I see Honda as the new upcoming powerhouse in that class.  They have that deck stacked with young talent. 

• Like 2

Just now, OUTERLIMITS said:

but that's not going to help them with their shit show in the 250's.

They won't care, as long as they keep getting Yamaha 250 champions on the cheap.

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Might have to import talent and the future?? 

1 hour ago, MANIAC998 said:

Honda hasn’t won a Premier Championship since the introduction of the 450’s . That’s a bad omen!!

I always equate their woes to how they handled RC but I like the stroker idea better

F’n Honda was the first to official kill the smoker 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

17 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

I always equate their woes to how they handled RC but I like the stroker idea better

F’n Honda was the first to official kill the smoker 

Both.  They tried to screw over RC because they decided he was done after his knee injury.

And setting the tone on killing off 2Ts was some bs.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Webb will never be the same top 4 in SX. Top 6 in Mx. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

Webb will never be the same top 4 in SX. Top 6 in Mx. 

Really?  I look at it like this, Anderson could win as many races as Webb and Tomac more.  Marv probably less and Roczen for sure less.  Consistency....I don't see anyone other than Tomac if he puts his game together, being as consistent as Webb.  Without an injury I don't see Webb finishing lower than 3rd.  Cianciarulo and Osborne are kind of the wild cards, but I don't see them being near the top of the heap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Really?  I look at it like this, Anderson could win as many races as Webb and Tomac more.  Marv probably less and Roczen for sure less.  Consistency....I don't see anyone other than Tomac if he puts his game together, being as consistent as Webb.  Without an injury I don't see Webb finishing lower than 3rd.  Cianciarulo and Osborne are kind of the wild cards, but I don't see them being near the top of the heap. 

Web had great starts last year that why he won. I don't see him getting the same results this year with Adam in the mix. Adam's a hell of a good starter and on a 450, watch out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

Web had great starts last year that why he won. I don't see him getting the same results this year with Adam in the mix. Adam's a hell of a good starter and on a 450, watch out.

I think Adam will be Savatgy like.  Great starts, but he'll have his growing pains.  I'm not sure AC ever beat Webb as a pro outdoors, but I'm not sure that they ever raced against each other indoors.

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I think Adam will be Savatgy like.  Great starts, but he'll have his growing pains.  I'm not sure AC ever beat Webb as a pro outdoors, but I'm not sure that they ever raced against each other indoors.

The 250 guys this year ran a faster pace than Webb ran on a 250.

Next year we have

Herlings
AC
Prada in 450s

Team husky and Webb bagget on 450s ama

250mx 2 was ktm this year ,could he next ?

Ama 250 is the only thing they have big gaps in

Posted (edited)

I don't see ktm usa having a good strategy in terms of growing riders with a youth program like in europe or acquiring real good riders. They only had 2 real top guys, dungey and roczen (who was transferred). Ktm europe has a chrystal clear strategy, but i don't see that in the us. Kawasaki does actually much better with only 2 guys and wins.

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 3