So What Will KTM do now?

20 minutes ago, deanevo said:

I don't see ktm usa having a good strategy in terms of growing riders with a youth program like in europe or acquiring real good riders. They only had 2 real top guys, dungey and roczen (who was transferred). Ktm europe has a chrystal clear strategy, but i don't see that in the us. Kawasaki does actually much better with only 2 guys and wins.

You can buy champions in the 450 class. A farm system is more important in the 250s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanevo said:

How about mx, both 250 and 450? Do they participate in the 250 class? Never see them.

You ever hear of a guy named Zach?

25 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

It doesn't seem like KTM even exists in the 250F class.

We're counting the white KTMs then?

I call a chicken a chicken no matter what color it is 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

It doesn't seem like KTM even exists in the 250F class.

We're counting the white KTMs then?

Not even an outstanding job if we would include husky's, that's twice the number of bikes in the field.

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

You clearly are ignorant when it comes to the AMA series

Stick with your GPs  

GP's yes, except for the 450 this year ktm rules there. It should give any ktm fan a non -stop erection for at least 36 hours per gp. But in the us not so. They don't breed super talents and their buying strategy isn't very exceptional.

Edited by deanevo
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, deanevo said:

GP's yes, except for the 450 this year ktm rules there. It should give any ktm fan a non -stop erection for at least 36 hours per gp. But in the us not so. They don't breed super talents and their buying strategy isn't very exceptional.

1tkrwq.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, deanevo said:

Not even an outstanding job if we would include husky's, that's twice the number of bikes in the field.

In the 450 class it's 4 times the amount of bikes in the field. Webb, Musquin, Baggett, Bogle, Bloss, Anderson, Wilson, Osborne.  All other teams have two.  

The fact that AMart actually started getting decent starts with a RMZ in a class where power is King proved that ANYTHING is possible.  Not necessarily likely, but possible.  If the KTM teams have good management they'll figure out the power and shore up the 250 roster and do fine.  If they sit still and do nothing then doom and gloom.

Where is McElrath going?  Who is replacing AC?  Didn't Hampshire go orange?

Edited by mxaniac

15 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Webb isn't hurt, he's fine.  Marv is the only question mark right now.

Agreed, I'd think that even if he tore his ACL he'd probably be fine for SX, no?  The access to doctors and trainers seems to help those guys heal up pretty fast.  With the returning champ, Musquin, Anderson and Osborne I think they'll be fine in both indoors and out.  They don't have the top guy, but only one team does.  I also think Roczen will have a better year next year, could/should contend indoors and out.

In the quarter liter class though, no idea.  

7 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

The fact that AMart actually started getting decent starts with a RMZ in a class where power is King proved that ANYTHING is possible.  Not necessarily likely, but possible.  If the KTM teams have good management they'll figure out the power and shore up the 250 roster and do fine.  If they sit still and do nothing then doom and gloom.

Where is McElrath going?  Who is replacing AC?  Didn't Hampshire go orange?

I also thought Hampshire was going to KTM, possibly Odenburg.  Not sure who all will be on Kawi after AC leaves.  I've heard Hammaker was one of them, but also heard that Marchbanks might be done there.  They need to purge Davalos and get some fresh blood in there.  Like Honda though, they have a pretty darn good amateur program to pluck from.  Heard Jordan Smith may come in as well. 

If Hampshire ever figures out how to run top level pace for an entire moto he could be a contender. It always seems like he's off the pace for the first third of the moto... then makes his way through the pack and into the top 10 and sometimes top 5. Every now and then he's one of the fastest guys on the track but he doesn't seem to start clicking off those lap times until a few laps in.

Davalos is retiring after this year if he doesn't get a factory 450 ride.