Sign in to follow this  

Cyclops led install. 300rr

Trying to install a cyclops led bulb. Tried plugging rectifier into bulb socket, then bulb. Does not turn on. Took rectifier out, and bulb works on high beam, but low beam flickers.... Any help, or installation walk through would be awesome

Not sure if different models are wired differently. Its a 2016 300rr. NOT race edition. It comes with a street legal title, and a dual sport kit. This model already DC current? Or maybe bad rectifier?

On 8/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, Schultzy101 said:

Tried plugging rectifier into bulb socket, then bulb.

I believe my 2018 has a rectifier just next to the head lock.

EDIT: It's a RE

Edited by Beta300recat

Got er figured out. Took apart all the connectors under my head light bracket, cleaned them up good, plugged it all back in and it works. Guessing water and dirt got up in there and just wasnt getting a good connection. Anything can be done to keep the connectors clean? Thinkin dielectric grease and some good tape maybe?

3 hours ago, Schultzy101 said:

Got er figured out. Took apart all the connectors under my head light bracket, cleaned them up good, plugged it all back in and it works. Guessing water and dirt got up in there and just wasnt getting a good connection. Anything can be done to keep the connectors clean? Thinkin dielectric grease and some good tape maybe?

Yes. Dielectric grease every connection. 

• Like 1