Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Question

I’m new here so I don’t know if I’m in the right spot but I have a 2016 ktm 250 xc. Is there anyone that has found a good jetting combination that can help me out. I bought it new and is stock. I run 50:1 mixture in it. I live in Oklahoma so the temps we ride in vary but usually 70-95 degrees. Bike runs great except If it is idling and you hammer the throttle back it will want to die. If you roll it back gently your fine. Or if your slightly above idle you can hammer it back. Again runs great except for that. Makes me wonder if they all do that but I have a 2011 ktm 300 xcw that a guy jetted for me that when you do the same thing will get up and go. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions that may figure it out.  

Edited by KTMROOK
Misspelling

Have you tried adjusting the air screw? You adjust for a quick, clean, no hesitation response off idle with the air screw. If you can find that point with the air screw, it's number of turns out at that point will indicate whether you should go richer or leaner with the pilot jet.

If you need help with tuning, you should try to get the same guy that tuned your '11 for you or ask around at where ever you ride.

Thank You. Yes the air screw will help but only if you make the idle higher than what it should be to get past that point. The guy that did the 300 is no longer around. Just wondering if someone has already been through the same thing and figured it out. Thank You for responding I appreciate it. 

17 250xc with a 38mm Keihin, which should be the same carb you have?

42 pilot

175 main

NEDW needle (Suzuki) 3rd pos

Amsoil Interceptor @ 50-1

This has been working for me.

Edited by Poldies

Depending on how fast you can open the throttle they all tend to do it to a certain extent, especially when cold or just warm but not fully warmed up. If it otherwise has no problems when riding I'd just leave it than risking to change its behaviour over the whole rev range. But if you like try the next bigger pilot jet and start with AS at 1.5 turns out...