SnowMule

Hide "Back to Top" button in desktop browsers

Question

13 answers to this question

There are things like "next thread" and "mark site as read" in that corner, that hte arrow obscures part of.
Right now as I'm typing this, it's covering about half the "Submit Reply" button. 

The up arrow gets in my way at times and I accidentally click it instead of a button that is underneath it.  

Would be nice if it was optional.

• Like 1

On the browser I use ("IE") the arrow is located so it has no ill effects and never blocks or gets in the way of anything.   :excuseme:

That being said I've never used it however, it could disappear and odds are I wouldn't even notice.

Knowing what browser you are using might help.   

The arrow is in the way. I clicked it accidentally numerous times yesterday. I don’t see the need for it on the desktop browser.

I was using Firefox

29 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

On the browser I use ("IE") the arrow is located so it has no ill effects and never blocks or gets in the way of anything.   :excuseme:

That being said I've never used it however, it could disappear and odds are I wouldn't even notice.

Knowing what browser you are using might help.   

I'm still trying to figure out the need.  Safari on iOS has a "top" feature by clicking anywhere along the very top of the browser window.  Does Chrome not have that functionality?

On a desktop I can grab the slider on the right of any browser and go to the top of the page quickly.

What was the envisioned use case of this button?

Ya in Fire Fox and prevents clicking like options if its covering it.

Has to refresh a bunch of times to get to the top of a long post on a full page.

Clipboard01.jpg.b1980199dbe00c58255aaca041923450.jpg

• Like 1

It'll depend on your monitor resolution and if you run maximized where it's a problem or not...  here's an example where the button is over the Submit Reply button... Untitled.png.82e6137a8c7c8768a07fd16b213c7a97.png

29 minutes ago, braindead0 said:

It'll depend on your monitor resolution and if you run maximized where it's a problem or not...  here's an example where the button is over the Submit Reply button... Untitled.png.82e6137a8c7c8768a07fd16b213c7a97.png

Here is where it is located and how it looks with Explorer or Edge for me.

Capture.PNG.170af1d786365c6b89f9c1d3596091f2.PNG

If it stayed there (in the margins) on a browser that's wide enough to put the entire thing in teh margin, sure

but not all of us are on machines that have a wide enough monitor for that, thus putting the back-to-top over elements on the page.

Machine i'm on now is 1280x800. 

and there's still a hard button that does the exact same thing ;)

• Like 1

It's in the way, I hit it accidentally if not careful , what's weird is when I scroll back down it's not in the way? 

Any plans to get rid of this thing, or at least have an option to hide it? Maybe move it to the left bottom corner instead?