Sign in to follow this  

Sx-f250 front forks question

Hi,

i rebuild forks of mentioed motor. When i dissasembled them i noticed that the washer under oil seal ring is twisted. Ok  i said no matter, but when i try to reassembly i noticed that security clip doesn't go to his normal position. I noticed that i have different oil seal that previos, thougt is for this forks . The rings are https://www.euro-racing.it/en/suspensions-replacements/1214-oil-seal-nok-48x579x95115.html#/504-modello_moto-ktm/1379-model_bike-sx_f_250_2015

what can i do? Order same rings as mounted? Original seal are two dimmensions, inner diameter is 1,2mm higer than outter, consequently if i mount other oil seal, which is one dimmension(9,5mm) security clip does't go into.

See attached photos, with original oil seal.

Sorry for my bad language, im from Slovenia (Melania :D )

20190826_172042.jpg

20190826_172013.jpg

20190826_171950.jpg

The washer should be flat , it gets damaged when you remove the bushes ,it twists the washer , the skf kit from ktm includes a new one each time you replace them

• Like 1

OMG. I thought they were supposed to be like that. I feel stupider than stupid right now...... I've seen tons of bent ones, and no kits with replacements. DERP.?

In my defense, I've never had one not go back together, so.....?

Edited by Keebler750

Well first of all you should have heated the outer tube with a torch, all you need to do is flatten the washer in the vice.

I heated the outter tube. I thing that it must be bended because original seal is thinner that new one.

I try to buy another seal complet but the size is the same.

Photos.

20190827_181255.jpg

20190827_181304.jpg

47 minutes ago, mog said:

Isn't 9.5 a kyb seal ?

They take the same seal but different dust cap

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mog said:

The washer should be flat , it gets damaged when you remove the bushes ,it twists the washer , the skf kit from ktm includes a new one each time you replace them

i thing that was the problem.

I flatten them with a plastic mallet on the flat surface of my vise. But if your new seal is that much thicker than the original, you have the wrong seals regardless whether the washer is bent or not.

The washer gets bent from pulling the upper and lower tube apart. When I install a new fork seal, I put a little clean grease on the outer edge of the seal before tapping it in place. That'll make the seal removal much easier (and cause less damage) for the next guy doing the fork seals. Its frequently me who does them the next time around.

• Like 3