Sign in to follow this  

How often do you ride monthly/annually?

At least once a week, sometimes twice...year round in Oklahoma weather!

• Like 1

Used to be 100 hours between May and Oct every year.  Winter riding is not really an option.  The past few years I haven't ridden 1/2 as much ?

Edited by Colorado^

about 2/3 a week. sometimes 4. sometimes I do single track and other days easy forest service roads to explore. could be because I havent even been riding for a year yet so just excited...or obsessed

Edited by RideWithWill
  • Like 1

Just now, RideWithWill said:

about 2/3 a week. sometimes 4. sometimes I do single track and other days easy forest service roads to explore. could be because I havent even been riding for a year yet so just excited...or obsessed

Yes, your enthusiasm's been noticed! 

I ride once a week on average, all year round. Less in the winter, more in the spring/summer/fall. I can ride about 40 miles or private trails right from my garage. Tons of sleepy, twisty country roads for the super moto too.

Once or twice a week (if I'm not hurt 🤦), but sometimes the heat in the summer or the snow in the winter changes that.  Around here you never know what you will get from year to year.  Last winter was feet of snow, the winter before barely a flurry.  Last summer was brutally hot, this year not quite so bad.  Usually, if nothing else I can spend an hour just riding up behind the house.

I ride a couple times per week during the winter, usually i have 1 month out due to injury, then ride 3 times a week during good weather. I'm guessing I ride about 125 times per year. 

• Like 1

Not enough.

Two kids under 4 and a demanding job keep me busy, but i still get out a few times a month. 

Years ago i rode a few times a week. Next season my daughter will start riding.. cant wait, the wife should allow for more riding days!! i hope! 

• Like 1

Off-road, two to four times a month.

On road, zero to twenty times a month.

More hours off-road than on since my commute is only about 7 min each way.

Edited by woods-rider

Just now, woods-rider said:

Off-road, two to four times a month.

On road, zero to twenty times a month.

im sadly losing interest on road. unless it involves trail hoping or exploring "on the way" trails. I used to daily to work, but do not even have the urge to anymore

• Like 4

During the winter months I try to get out twice a week, more if I'm lucky. Haven't ridden since my Idaho trip last month, been too hot here lately, am looking to get out next week hopefully.

2 minutes ago, RideWithWill said:

im sadly losing interest on road. unless it involves trail hoping or exploring "on the way" trails. I used to daily to work, but do not even have the urge to anymore

Same here, but sometimes I just feel bad letting her sit in the garage on a nice sunny day since she has a plate. It's almost a feeling of obligation. Can't really play hard on the way to work without the fear of tickets, losing license, or death from other drivers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woods-rider said:

Same here, but sometimes I just feel bad letting her sit in the garage on a nice sunny day since she has a plate. It's almost a feeling of obligation. Can't really play hard on the way to work without the fear of tickets, losing license, or death from other drivers.

yup!! totally agree man. no way I can have fun w/o tickets and drivers just putting us in danger. have to drive at a slow pace to catch peoples mistake. and even then, just rnadom stuff happening. buddy got hit with a tire that came off a car. not much time to react.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RideWithWill said:

In 4 yrs I think I've ridden with about 200-225 riders. Virtually none of them own a street bike or even like to dual sport much than like you said, connect a trail from here to there.

Dirt makes pavement look painfully boring, and the risk of death and injury far outweighs any minute pleasure I'd get out of riding street. The exception is riding something National Park worthy like Yosemite, Mt Rainier National Park, or around Moab... I plate every bike, but I'm NEVER on my bike in my community. The latter is also a great way to get injured due to the risks of "joy riding". 

• Like 2

I try to get in 2 rides a week, one short 1.5-2hr blast and one 3+ hr ride. Can ride pretty well all year round here. Hard to find the time between work, house Reno’s, kids etc but I made riding a priority over other hobbies. One negative I’ve found that riding this much wears your bike out fast, pretty much need a new bike every couple years. At my current pace my bike will have 300 hrs on it in 2 years. Im forever doing maintenance or replacing parts on this thing

Street, 3-4 days a week as long as the temps are above 32 degrees and the roads are not frozen. 

Dirt, we take trips a few times a month from March through November. Some are 100-150 mile weekends, some are 350+ mile week long trips. If work did not interfere, I'd ride more. However work generates dollars, which generates motorcycle purchases, which generates riding trips, which generates broken/worn parts, which generates revenue for motorcycle parts retailers, and the cycle continues. 

• Haha 1