Sign in to follow this  

New to me

20190826_080735.jpg.214fccaff249ee736c81effc71a052f3.jpgJust picked up this 2000 (I think) WR400F for my first bike. Plastics aren't in great condition, but mechanically its sound. Got it on a straight across trade. How do y'all think I did? I'm gonna get some new plastics and freshen it up a but, and I'm gonna pick up a new carb. Current carb has been rebuilt, but the choke wont stay pulled out, I have it rigged up in the mean time to stay pulled out. With that said, this thing is a beast and I cant wait till I get better at riding! Gonna be a fun bike! *Not me sitting on it*20190709_184108.thumb.jpg.f744cf77b22435b02f69b364bb047bc6.jpg

Congratulations on the new to you bike!

It is a very fun bike.   On the choke issue, you can buy the choke by itself.   If your carburetor is good no reason to change it.    

What did you trade for it?    

5 hours ago, condor74 said:

Congratulations on the new to you bike!

It is a very fun bike.   On the choke issue, you can buy the choke by itself.   If your carburetor is good no reason to change it.    

What did you trade for it?    

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it! It's a little on the big side for a beginner like me, but surprisingly easy to ride.

I'll look into getting just a new choke set up for it, instead of the whole carb! Currently I have a zip tie wrapped around it just tight enough to hold it out, but loose enough that I can push it back in after its warmed up. Carb seems to be ok, because it'll start after two kicks when cold, and one when its warmed up, as long as I'm kicking it hard enough LOL??

I traded a 85 ford f150 extended cab for it. I had bought it a couple years back with the intention of daily driving it, but found a 97 powerstroke that was better for what I needed. Long story short, the guy I traded with is a buddy of mine, and he wanted the pickup and I wanted the bike and we both needed to get rid of them, so we made an even trade on them.