Sign in to follow this  

KTM i know , i know sacrilege

just wondering if any of you XRR650 riders have tried a KTM 300 two stroke fuel injection and even more specifically the 2020 version, and if so what is it like coming of the XRR onto that.   am thinking of one as a second bike...will never get rid of my XRR

Its like riding a ice cream cone from Dairy Queen............................

Firm light suspension but smooth power delivery....

..... IF you are in the right gear for your speed........all the time

Guts when you need it ...........like the XR gives......... is the first tear you will drop.............before the bike every hits the ground

It reminds me of weed eating deep grass.............. its all good till ya bog down........ but too much turns into a chainsaw contest.

They are fun,

I just don't like to wonder what RPM dance is coming up after I twist the throttle  ..................... depending on terrain..................

on a 4 Stroke = Throttle Control 101...........I know

............. I am getting to old for surprises 👍

I rode one back to back with my XR650L last week.  I don't think it was a 2020, but it wasn't all that old either.  This one had very firm suspension.  And pretty much no engine braking at all.  I could go for one of those for single track use.  The power seemed sufficient for anything I would likely use it for.

When I switched back to my bike, the XR truly felt like a big red pig.  I expect that I would have a harder time switching between the KTM 300 and my XR than switching between my KTM 1090 and my XR.

If you look at the YEARS of GNCC Champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_National_Cross_Country

one thing stands out..................... the same rider won in the year "blocks" they were racing

................ look at the bike and rider .......you will see a strange "result".

Was it the bike OR the rider...... or a bit of both .

Husky in the 80's... then Honda in the early 90's ....then Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and KTM started scattering in the late 90's-  early 00's now its KTM in the later years..

You can really see WHO (person/rider) made the difference.............................. the bike helped I am sure.

53 minutes ago, kwekuPaul said:

what do the pros ride

12 minutes ago, EarthCruzn said:

If you look at the YEARS of GNCC Champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_National_Cross_Country

one thing stands out..................... the same rider won in the year "blocks" they were racing

................ look at the bike and rider .......you will see a strange "result".

Was it the bike OR the rider...... or a bit of both .

Husky in the 80's... then Honda in the early 90's ....then Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and KTM started scattering in the late 90's-  early 00's now its KTM in the later years..

You can really see WHO (person/rider) made the difference.............................. the bike helped I am sure.

so KTM has been dominating since the 90.s -00´s  that says something ....

9 minutes ago, EarthCruzn said:

For instance

Awesome !! will definitely get the anodized fuel cap 🙂

Edited by kwekuPaul

If you want to see whats up in 2020 for the 300 this is good info

2020 KTM 300 XC-W Full Test  

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:58 PM, kwekuPaul said:

just wondering if any of you XRR650 riders have tried a KTM 300 two stroke fuel injection and even more specifically the 2020 version, and if so what is it like coming of the XRR onto that.   am thinking of one as a second bike...will never get rid of my XRR