Sign in to follow this  

It has begun 2019 Forest Fire Season

Technically, that's not true since there was a fire near Naches earlier this year, and the Devore Creek fire up by Chelan. A friend just sent this not sure what it is. Remnants of that earlier fire flaring back up? IKN.  Couldn't find any info only, nothing on inciweb yet.

@norsepeak I think this is in your neck of the woods...

Pic is from NW of Ellensburg looking S/SW across the Kittitas Valley

IMG_5060.jpg.2f4e62dd302809c3f20ac01c24404fdb.jpg

We saw it start this morning, looks to be more towards Clemons mtn. I'll know more when I get home, in Ellensburg right now.

Technically, that's not true since there was a fire near Naches earlier this year, and the Devore Creek fire up by Chelan. A friend just sent this not sure what it is. Remnants of that earlier fire flaring back up? IKN.  Couldn't find any info only, nothing on inciweb yet.
[mention=323623]norsepeak[/mention] I think this is in your neck of the woods...
Pic is from NW of Ellensburg looking S/SW across the Kittitas Valley
IMG_5060.jpg.2f4e62dd302809c3f20ac01c24404fdb.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrodicus100 said:

IMG_9903.JPG

Ok that is totally unexpected at the end of August. Yes, we have not had a long hot summer but I would think that they would wait for later in Sept. or October to do controlled burns. Well shows you what I know about setting fires.

Edited by KaToomTime

8 hours ago, KaToomTime said:

Ok that is totally unexpected at the end of August. Yes, we have not had a long hot summer but I would think that they would wait for later in Sept. or October to do controlled burns. Well shows you what I know about setting fires.

I ride a bunch of dual sport over on Bethel Ridge, it's on the other side of Cleman (correct spelling) Mtn. Bethel Ridge the last couple years has been going through a very active forest management program of thinning out trees along Bethel Ridge Road (fs1500). 

Bethel Ridge is a large piece of land that connects 410 at Nile to 12 right around the entrance to East Rimrock lake. It borders the wilderness of Norse Peak/Willam Douglas and rattlesnake river on the West of the property, the rest of the borders are the two US hwys. Inside of it is part of the Oak Ridge Wildlife reserve. Bethel radio tower creates an impressive lookout over Rimrock and the viewing of Goat Rocks, Mt Rainier, Mt Adams and the lake below. The elevation is about 6500. There are a bunch of fun jeep trails of easy/moderate difficulty up there. 

I'm assuming one of the reasons for the fire management at Cleman Mountain, which is also part of Oak Ridge Wildlife reserve, is to protect the very large Elk population that lives within the protected borders of the property? Perhaps Norsepeak knows. 

1956651169_50th008.JPG.265db62df6896c4a6d6fb09d1d41fa3e.JPG1647149307_50th015.JPG.f93e089e207cd17330d3aa1ca55bb3a7.JPG

• Like 2